Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I can't see him leaving a Champions League team in Celtic (I know) to join us - although perhaps he could be tempted if a takeover happened.

I'm always wary with Celtic players though, you can imagine if Dwight Gayle was playing as part of that team he'd be getting linked all over too as he'd score for fun in that League. Personally if a takeover happened I'd rather we looked elsewhere, but wouldn't grumble if we got him.

:thup:

I suspect if we have funds available, Rafa would really want an experienced forward to come in.

Interested to see who he'd go for. Takeover has to be done for there to be funds in January, really don't think there'll be another penny put in as long as Ashley's there. Of course we don't know how far along it is but that guy on SSN not that long ago who said there's no chance it'll be done by Christmas worries me a tad.

Watching King play against us on Saturday highlighted how badly we need an upgrade in the #10 spot like. We were linked with him in the summer, he'd make a huge difference to this team. Not saying we will or should go for him now, just that he's the type we need badly.

Watching King play against us on Saturday highlighted how badly we need an upgrade in the #10 spot like. We were linked with him in the summer, he'd make a huge difference to this team. Not saying we will or should go for him now, just that he's the type we need badly.

Ate thought this too, he was the stand out player for me.

Depends if we are still in an Ashley world, Ings would be the best we could hope for if that's the case and almost certainly an improvement on what we have. But if we've suddenly got a lot more money to play with, I would look to spend that on someone with a lot more recent football behind him.

Anyone else think it'd be quite an underwhelming signing or is it just me?

Of course it is, but then again we are about as desperate as it gets for a striker of any quality.

I don't think he gives us quality. How many appearances has he made since his move from Burnley? It won't be many.

I know we'll be lucky to sign anyone in January if Ashley is still here but if we get taken over I'll want us looking for better quality than Danny Ings.

Ings works his balls off for the team, that's the kind of player Rafa loves. Ings is a bit like Ritchie in that respect, hard work. Matt Ritchie is probably the perfect Rafa player like.

Edit : wouldn't really want to sign him, we need a front man with a bit of pace, and two ACL's injuries will cost him a yard or two of pace.