Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'd actually be excited as fuck if we signed Casillas even though he's nowhere near what he was. When was the last time we had a 'name' like that? Sol Campbell? :lol:

I’d buy a fucking keeper shirt if we got Casillas :lol:

Was clear from very early on in the window that the size of the squad was going to prevent us bringing anyone in.

Especially in the goalkeeping department.

Though didn't we reject a bid for Darlow fairly early on in the window from Boro? If we'd shifted him we might have got one.

I'd actually be excited as f*** if we signed Casillas even though he's nowhere near what he was. When was the last time we had a 'name' like that? Sol Campbell? [emoji38]

I’d buy a f***ing keeper shirt if we got Casillas [emoji38]

If you want to be labelled a massive nonce, that's up to you.

[emoji38] Unreal.

I'd actually be excited as f*** if we signed Casillas even though he's nowhere near what he was. When was the last time we had a 'name' like that? Sol Campbell? :lol:

I’d buy a f***ing keeper shirt if we got Casillas :lol:

:lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I'd actually be excited as f*** if we signed Casillas even though he's nowhere near what he was. When was the last time we had a 'name' like that? Sol Campbell? [emoji38]

[emoji38] Unreal.

Kaiz has been rinsed from all angles today like, it's been relentless. :lol:

Not asking for much at all really.

Of a decent standard, no way he'll get 3 for £20m.

Well that will be enough to get another Joselu, Manquillo, Diame and Elliott what’s to worry about.

[emoji38] Unreal.

Kaiz has been rinsed from all angles today like, it's been relentless. :lol:

It’s not been one of my best dates, that’s for sure :lol:

Maybe we'll sell Mitrovic or Gayle to top the funds up a bit.

17million Striker and 3 1million loans.

17million Striker and 3 1million loans.

Does that include their wages? Got to look at it from Ashley's perspective, and we went through all this in the summer when Rafa was publicly complaining that what was agreed in priniciple turned out to mean something else in reality.

Few random unrelated points:

Sounds like in the top flight loans are not 1 million anymore, unless you are doing the loaning club a huge favour.

20 million will never be enough to fix all our issues, but I would rather us not waste it on 4 Joselu's, it's clear what 5 million buys you, therefore quality over quantity is important.

Rafa isn't great in the transfer market, that's clear to see from his time at Liverpool and with us, he does strike gold sometimes though but we need some buffer built into our budget to allow him to mess up or shorten the odds on signing that quality we desperately need.

May need to sell a player or two we don't want to lose in order to move forward: Ritchie, Shelvey Mbemba, Clark or Colback :p obviously integral players but we need the money to reinvest in other  areas. Since there's clearly no sign of a takeover then finding additional funds is going to be vital.

We absolutely must get rid of the deadwood we couldn't shift in the summer, but it's probably going to be even tougher in a January window, when we've given no shop window for them to shine in previous months, the best we can possibly hope for is a loan move away for the likes of Saviet, Haidara, the aforementioned ginger one and if we secure a proper keeper one of Elliot/Darlow. Mitro and Gayle have some value because they are strikers but we've given neither of them a stage to set there worth by playing a fake footballer ahead of them for much of the season.

We absolutely have to hit the ground running in the window, lets not get left behind like we did in the summer and keep missing out on the players we desperately need, I hope they have learned their lessons, but I highly doubt it.

Woodman and Aarons need to get some sustained game time, that's not likely to be in our first team, so we need to get them shipped out on loan to a championship team, both should be good enough to hold down a first team place there and we have to see what we have before we don't have it anymore.

Rafa isn't great in the transfer market, that's clear to see from his time at Liverpool and with us, he does strike gold sometimes though but we need some buffer built into our budget to allow him to mess up or shorten the odds on signing that quality we desperately need.

This is wrong. He bought and built really well with us, and also at Napoli where the team he built is the one doing so well now. I thought he bought well for you for last season. Maybe not so much for this, but he wasn't given loads and he found you a bargain in Merino.

Yes, he buys a few players at lower prices who don't work out, but then that applies to all who rummage at the bottom end of the market. The problem is when you only have a few quid, nearly every buy has to work out.

This is wrong. He bought and built really well with us, and also at Napoli where the team he built is the one doing so well now. I thought he bought well for you for last season. Maybe not so much for this, but he wasn't given loads and he found you a bargain in Merino.

Yes, he buys a few players at lower prices who don't work out, but then that applies to all who rummage at the bottom end of the market. The problem is when you only have a few quid, nearly every buy has to work out.

As you say we're shopping in the bargain bins, no manager would get them all right. It seems to be a criticism levelled at Rafa as if other managers always get every transfer right. Baffling tbh.