Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Luke Shaw is miles better than anything we've got, he'd make a massive difference

Not sure about the current version - apparently has been performing poorly for Manure U23s. Was good at Southampton. Suppose it depends how much money we'll have.

No pissing about this window. No buying for tomorrow, we need quality right now and if we need to pay through the nose to get it then so be it. No excuses, no stalling, no lowballing, pay the money and get a black and white shirt on them in the first week in Jan.

Striker, number 10, GK and LB are absolute priorities. CM and RB would be next.

My only hope is that is in World Cup year big teams might be more willing to let players out on loan. Strengthen the spine and we might well be OK. Two loans, two big wardrobes who can run for 90.

If true, Ashley still being responsible even if being reimbursed petrifies me. Especially given the last two transfer windows and not acting early and decisively.

My only hope is that is in World Cup year big teams might be more willing to let players out on loan. Strengthen the spine and we might well be OK. Two loans, two big wardrobes who can run for 90.

If true, Ashley still being responsible even if being reimbursed petrifies me. Especially given the last two transfer windows and not acting early and decisively.

If it’s effectively Staveley’s money funding the transfers you can be absolutely certain she’ll be the one calling the shots on who we sign and how.

As part of the DD she’ll know what our wage bill is and she’ll be the one telling Rafa what he can and can’t have.

Aye. We'd basically be reliant on him keeping his promises again.

Bet you any money there's a story at some point in January about Staveley 'having to step in personally'.

If it’s effectively Staveley’s money funding the transfers you can be absolutely certain she’ll be the one calling the shots on who we sign and how.

As part of the DD she’ll know what our wage bill is and she’ll be the one telling Rafa what he can and can’t have.

Potentially but him, or any of his merry band of arseholes, being involved in any way, no matter how small, is not good.

Absolutely no benefit for him not to be a total bellend.

It's gona be solid for us to get the quality we need in January even with a huge transfer budget.  We can't get fringe players from the top teams as they need big squads to go for trophies come the end of the season, we'll stuggle to attract players from the teams placed 6th-12th because of the s*** position we're in ourselves, and our relegation rivals won't want to sell to us.  I can see us having to take a punt on foreign-based players who want a crack at the Premier League or maybe loan some young players who can't get a game for the big clubs.  Both of those are massive risks, especially coming into our predicament.

Potentially but him, or any of his merry band of arseholes, being involved in any way, no matter how small, is not good.

£30m is a lot of money. I can’t see a business woman as shrewd as Staveley allowing Ashley to risk devaluing her investment with his meddling and penny pinching. She’ll issue guidelines to Ashley and Charnley on what she’s happy with and it’ll be down to Charnley and Rafa to do the negotiating. She’s seen what Ashley’s idea of backing his manager is and will know exactly why we are in this position.

£30m is a lot of money. I can’t see a business woman as shrewd as Staveley allowing Ashley to risk devaluing her investment with his meddling and penny pinching. She’ll issue guidelines to Ashley and Charnley on what she’s happy with and it’ll be down to Charnley and Rafa to do the negotiating. She’s seen what Ashley’s idea of backing his manager is and will know exactly why we are in this position.

I totally agree but as I said any of the current band of knackers involved is an automatic red flag for me. Let's hope not!

I totally agree but as I said any of the current band of knackers involved is an automatic red flag for me. Let's hope not!

That Justin Barnes prick is the biggest concern. Hopefully now the takeover is nearly done he’ll be on his bike