Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I fed up with how this team ruins my mood,  don't know how folks manage to divorce themselves and their lives from the results, I wish I could do it, I wish I could say "I'm done with the club" and just give a cursory look at their results if I happen to notice them.

For once we go into a new season full of hope and a genuine feeling that we've turned the corner in terms of our thinking as a football club. A manager of real pedigree, a squad which on paper should be light years ahead of anyone else in the division.

But after two games it's pretty clear nothing has changed, that despite his obvious abilities Rafa has got something spectacularly wrong here. The last 3 promotions (the only three in my lifetime) have all started in a very positive manner, yes it's early and knee jerk reactions are silly at this point, but I just don't like the signs here, we've certainly (fans, management and team) underestimated the task at hand. I think we could be in for a longer stay than we all thought, than the club financially is set up for, Rafa may not last that long.

FFS. There's still only two games played.  TWO I say. 

Yes against two teams who were nearly relegated last year and people have rights to be concerned as the tactics and team selection so far have been poor. Hopefully Rafa will see this and put it right starting Wednesday.

FFS. There's still only two games played.  TWO I say. 

When we don't win on Wednesday it'll be three games played. Recruitment has been absolute dogshit.

Can someone remind me if it's possible to hide a person's posts?

Signed squad players so far other than Ritchie and possibly Hayden. Need to get rid of Gouffran, Saivet, Rivière and the like and sign some quality first team players at LB, CM, LW and ST. Obvious to everyone.

Signed squad players so far other than Ritchie and possibly Hayden. Need to get rid of Gouffran, Saivet, Rivière and the like and sign some quality first team players at LB, CM, LW and ST. Obvious to everyone.

Agreed. Most of our signings have been squad players. We need proven quality. We're not thinking like a team that is aiming to win the division. Ritchie and Diame are the right type but when you look at how many we have sold and how shit we were to begin with, we haven't brought in enough of that type of player and our net spend is less than zero. Rafa isn't blameless, but I'm sure it wasn't his intention to buy a load of average or unproven players and bring in little proven quality. They're fine for building a squad, but I can't have been the only person who was concerned when I saw the first team lineup before the Fulham game.

Forestieri refused to play yesterday?

Their owner and manager have come out and said he's not going to be sold full stop. No idea who he is or whether he's any good, but for some reason I believe them.

Inclined to agree with this. Ritchie is the only one you would put forward as a definite starter. Arguably, no one else goes into a fully fit / available starting 11. Perhaps Hayden - but that's says as much about the quality in the squad.

That's not necessarily to say we have made bad signings. Diame will get a lot of minutes this season, Gayle you would think would be good for 12-15 goals at least this year and Jesus Gamez is an astute opportunistic signing.