Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

We need a bully of a striker to play next to Gayle / Perez or with Mitrovic.

We need a LW to provide similar quality that Ritchie plays with on our right and someone who Aarons can rotate in with.

We need a CM to play with Diame, and that means placing Hayden, Shelvey etc on the bench.

We need a LB who offers us something going forward.

We need to keep Sissoko until January and play him wherever we can because we need him more right now.

Can't srgue with any of that - think Sissoko is the biggest cunt going but he is better than anything we have currently.

After initial optimism, I don't think there's any way we'll get what we need between now and the end of the window.

Having seen the deficiencies in the squad over the past couple of weeks, there are simply too many holes to fill to make us competitive given the strides some of our promotion rivals have made recently.

Sels- 4.5m, doesn't seem any better than Darlow

Hanley - 5m,Isn't better than Lascellas or Mbemba

Clark- 5m, Isn't better than Lascellas or Mbemba

Gamez - 2m not really seem him play but would Rafa be picking Dummett over him if he was any good?

Gayle -10m Whilst Mitrovic is suspended he's the best we've got but hes been poor so far

Diame- 4.5m was poor yesterday but I think he will prove his worth

Ritchie- 12m, our best player, is going to be very important for us this season

We've spent around 40m and only Ritchie so far has improved the starting 11

Gamez - 2m not really seem him play but would Rafa be picking Dummett over him if he was any good?

Gayle -10m Whilst Mitrovic is suspended he's the best we've got but hes been poor so far

All that based on 2 games. I know it hasn't been great but let's calm down a bit

Hanley, Clark and Gamez were obviously bought for, wait for it, squad depth. I know. Shocking. Who'd have thought squads needed depth in a 46 game league? Better just buy tons of players expecting to start each game to get the squad really unsettled.

I think we could do with two additional wingers. We've only got Richie and Aarons. They've got no cover or competition. Anita is not a winger!

Think Gayle can do a job out wide once Mitro is back (plus another new striker hopefully)

Still need another wide man as well though.

It's been two games.

Settle.

It's been two games.

Settle.

It has yes, and losing two games doesn't mean we aren't getting promoted

We've wasted money though, improved the squad and not the starting 11. When you pay 10m for a striker in the championship then you shouldn't be desperate for another striker

It's been two games.

Settle.

We've wasted money though, improved the squad and not the starting 11. When you pay 10m for a striker in the championship then you shouldn't be desperate for another striker

We're not desperate for another striker, Mitrovic is coming back.

Hanley, Clark and Gamez were obviously bought for, wait for it, squad depth. I know. Shocking. Who'd have thought squads needed depth in a 46 game league? Better just buy tons of players expecting to start each game to get the squad really unsettled.

:lol:

It's alright having squad depth, but we needed another centre back that was better than Lascellas. Then Lascellas could have been used as third choice and for depth

Instead we've got two centre backs in Hanley and Clark who are worse

It's been two games.

Settle.

We're not desperate for another striker, Mitrovic is coming back.

We have looked poor up front in first two games, Gayle has struggled. We've spent 10m on a striker, we shouldn't be having to wait for Mitrovic to come back from suspension

I don't know, like. I think given what we've seen it's clear that there are areas that need to be addressed.

A left back and a central midfielder should have been first through the door. We've been short of quality in these areas long before Rafa arrived.

The left back problem should have been sorted before now like. Dummet is a CB and he is not good enough with the ball to play at full back. He looks genuinely surprised when he controls the ball ffs. 

The left back problem should have been sorted before now like. Dummet is a CB and he is not good enough with the ball to play at full back. He looks genuinely surprised when he controls the ball ffs. 

not as surprised as the crowd when he put in that cracking cross for ritchie - that shocked everyone!!!

not as surprised as the crowd when he put in that cracking cross for ritchie - that shocked everyone!!!

His 'Danny Simpson - Benfica away' moment