Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Before yesterday I don't recall anyone saying they weren't happy with our recruitment to that point. In fact it was quite the opposite.

Classic knee-jerking s****.

Precisely.

Writing gayle off after two games is as stupid as it gets tbh.

No, hang on, writing Clark off before we've even seen him is more stupid.

It's two games, hasn't been great, but we've got one of the best managers in Europe to sort it out. Everyone chill the fuck out and stop pretending you've seen enough of the likes of grant Hanley, sels and ciaran Clark etc to qualify questioning the recruitment at this stage.

Where the fuck is Haidara?

It's the wide forward areas that are the biggest concern for me I think. We've got neither the numbers nor the quality required. At least we've got Mitrovic to come back up front, Perez who we know is better than he's showing at the moment, and Armstrong who pissed it one division lower before getting out of his teens.

Out wide, other than Ritchie, we're hanging our hat on Aarons a) stepping it up considerably and b) staying fit, then behind him it's Yoan Gouffran and Sammy Ameobi. It's a massive problem.

Where the f*** is Haidara?

It's the wide forward areas that are the biggest concern for me I think. We've got neither the numbers nor the quality required. At least we've got Mitrovic to come back up front, and Perez who we know is better than he's showing at the moment, and Armstrong who p*ssed it one division lower before getting out of his teens.

Out wide, other than Ritchie, we're hanging our hat on Aarons a) stepping it up considerably and b) staying fit, then behind him it's Yoan Gouffran and Sammy Ameobi. It's a massive problem.

Agreed. We've got to bring wide men in. Have a feeling we will.

After initial optimism, I don't think there's any way we'll get what we need between now and the end of the window.

Having seen the deficiencies in the squad over the past couple of weeks, there are simply too many holes to fill to make us competitive given the strides some of our promotion rivals have made recently.

I don't mean to call you out because you're far from the only one, but are you all this negative with other things in life? If so, there's a lot of miserable bastards on here.

It's two games, we still have one of the best squads in the league, we probably will get at least one more in, and we have the best manager in the league by some distance. We may not walk the league like everyone thought, but we have 44 games to go. Let's all calm down a bit and have a little faith in the first quality manager we've had in over a decade.

After initial optimism, I don't think there's any way we'll get what we need between now and the end of the window.

Having seen the deficiencies in the squad over the past couple of weeks, there are simply too many holes to fill to make us competitive given the strides some of our promotion rivals have made recently.

I don't mean to call you out because you're far from the only one, but are you all this negative with other things in life? If so, there's a lot of miserable b******s on here.

It's two games, we still have one of the best squads in the league, we probably will get at least one more in, and we have the best manager in the league by some distance. We may not walk the league like everyone thought, but we have 44 games to go. Let's all calm down a bit and have a little faith in the first quality manager we've had in over a decade.

I don't mean to call you out because you're far from the only one, but are you all this negative with other things in life? If so, there's a lot of miserable bastards on here.

Not at all. I'm frustrated because we're not playing well, and I continue to see the problems popping up in the same areas. I've not once questioned the ability of players brought in. Of course they need time to gel. What I'm saying is that I don't think there have been efforts to address the weaknesses in the 2 positions we've known have been problematic for nigh on 3 years.

I don't think this is negativity; we're short in key areas that haven't been addressed yet.

I hope to be proven wrong, but time is ticking and I worry that we'll be left short of quality to mount a strong challenge.

Not at all. I'm frustrated because we're not playing well, and I continue to see the problems popping up in the same areas. I've not once questioned the ability of players brought in. Of course they need time to gel. What I'm saying is that I don't think there have been efforts to address the weaknesses in the 2 positions we've known have been problematic for nigh on 3 years.

I don't think this is negativity; we're short in key areas that haven't been addressed yet.

I hope to be proven wrong, but time is ticking and I worry that we'll be left short of quality to mount a strong challenge.

I agree with all of that.

I do agree people are bed wetting far too much, however some people who are bringing up the legitimate concerns we have already should be allowed to do so.

Where the fuck is Haidara?

It's the wide forward areas that are the biggest concern for me I think. We've got neither the numbers nor the quality required. At least we've got Mitrovic to come back up front, Perez who we know is better than he's showing at the moment, and Armstrong who pissed it one division lower before getting out of his teens.

:thup:

Was just thinking the same thing reading through the thread.  We're playing Vurnon Anita on the right wing, that alone tells you we need some quality reinforcements there.  In terms of priorities I think that's number one at the moment.  We have Mitro and SDJ (maybe) coming back so there's not so much pressure for a striker although a quality addition would be nice.  Left back we need an upgrade also but I think that if we're not going to play Sissoko or Tiote we really need to get a decent CM before that.

The main thing for me is that we buy quality players now.  No more squad fillers, we need some real talent now.

If you're serious about winning the league, you have to overspend sometimes to get in the players you really need. I don't think Rafa will be that pleased with our business so far to be honest. He's been tasked with winning the division yet his bosses are making a profit from his squad and we're clearly failing to get targets in. Knockaert looks exactly what we need and we should be going all out to get him, as well as another winger. Overpaying by a few million is better than paying a bit less for someone who isn't good enough. Teams that win things tend to operate this way and don't mind overpaying a bit to get their man.

Players proven in England always come at a premium, as do players from division rivals. They cost money but also offer a greater guarantee of success. Ritchie has been an excellent example of that so far. You can bet Rafa's other targets are also ambitious deals for proven talent that will improve the first XI, yet other than Ritchie and Diame we have failed to bring any in.

Rafa negotiated his contract at length and you can be sure recruitment would have been at the top of the agenda. You get the impression we're waiting for the Sissoko money to do any major deals. If we fuck this up, as we have done in previous years, don't be surprised to see him pack his bags a la Keegan. The next two weeks are massive. Hopefully these results have served as a wake-up call for the board.

Soon as I seen that 35m price for Sissoko I feared this would happen. We would be stuck with him despite seemingly needing to sell him to fund signings

TBH we wont find a better player in the Championship than him, so if he stays I hope he gives his all, because he'd run riot in this league.

I'd like to see us buy a genuine top quality player as a statement. Preferably a creative/flair player as we're severely lacking in someone who sees the game differently.

Would love us to sign a left back capable of doing something in the final third too.

Whilst I've not been blown away by the initial showings of Gayle, I'm not massively concerned with the forwards and think that if we can sort the midfield out, we should have no problems in scoring goals.

Midfield just isn't functioning at all at the moment. Hardly a surprise when there are so many average players to pick from, especially in the middle.

Guest NobbyOhNobby

I'd like to see us buy a genuine top quality player as a statement. Preferably a creative/flair player as we're severely lacking in someone who sees the game differently.

Would love us to sign a left back capable of doing something in the final third too.

Whilst I've not been blown away by the initial showings of Gayle, I'm not massively concerned with the forwards and think that if we can sort the midfield out, we should have no problems in scoring goals.

Midfield just isn't functioning at all at the moment. Hardly a surprise when there are so many average players to pick from, especially in the middle.

Should've signed Pogba, and probably one of them german full-backs from the euros. Can't believe we weren't in for Higuain either - no ambition

Should've signed Pogba, and probably one of them german full-backs from the euros. Can't believe we weren't in for Higuain either - no ambition

Yeah, that's exactly what I had in mind :thup:.

Does he usually play out wide or through the middle?  If he can perform out wide, I hope we get him.  If he is more of a forward or a number 10.  Then I'm not that arsed.  We already seem fairly well stocked with players for that role, as it is.  Whereas out wide, we don't have any genuine quality, except for Ritchie.

Does he usually play out wide or through the middle?  If he can perform out wide, I hope we get him.  If he is more of a forward or a number 10.  Then I'm not that arsed.  We already seem fairly well stocked with players for that role, as it is.  Whereas out wide, we don't have any genuine quality, except for Ritchie.

He could play out wide but he's been more of a withdrawn forward when I've seen him. He'd be great off Mitro imho.

Not sure where that would leave Gayle though tbh.

Edit - I should clarify that, when I say 'withdrawn forward' I don't mean that there's a number 9 in front of him, more that he drops deep in possession and they push people up at either side of him. So, essentially, he's been up top as their main man but not in a traditional Mitro/Carroll sense.

Fuck knows, I know what I mean :lol:.

He could play out wide but he's been more of a withdrawn forward when I've seen him. He'd be great off Mitro imho.

On the bench hopefully

On the bench hopefully

fucking hell man :lol:

Sounds like Forrestieri's toys are well out of the Sheff Wed pram.

Caulkin still reckons we're not interested though.

Seems a bit of a dick move if he's going to Derby from Wednesday given they're probably no better.

https://twitter.com/CaulkinTheTimes/status/765108992007888896

From what little I've seen Wednesday look in a far better position than Derby to have a push at promotion. I guess they must have offered him a lot more than he's currently on.