Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Time to get more technical and intelligent players in from now on imo. Instead of trying to adapt too much to the "Championship style" even more. We have a decent core of players but we need more technical quality in. Talented players will stand out and show how poor this division actually is. A good mix needed. There's a reason these teams are in the Championship.

Judge is very much a technical player like. He's a dwarf.

Never seen him. I just meant in general. I really hope that the next few players we sign are very good on the ball. Hopefully we can get at least 3 more in. Winger, LB and a striker. Ideally i'd like us to get a good creative CM as well, one that can run the show and dictate the play and tempo as well as being able to make a good final ball. But i'dbe happy with 3 players, but i just can't see us getting all of these unless we get one of them in very soon. Deals can happen quite quick from nowhere to be fair. And we're probably working on a few at the same time. Fingers crossed that we get what we need.

I keep seeing this about needing a creative midfielder, are Shelvey and Diame not exactly that?

So is he fit then?

That's my only concern. On paper, he looks a good signing for the division but we really need someone who can slot straight into the team such is the need for a proper left winger. 

He's just had the screws out of his leg.  I don't think we'll be seeing him on the pitch any time soon.

I think he plays on both sides, but he's right footed.

Time to get more technical and intelligent players in from now on imo. Instead of trying to adapt too much to the "Championship style" even more. We have a decent core of players but we need more technical quality in. Talented players will stand out and show how poor this division actually is. A good mix needed. There's a reason these teams are in the Championship.

Never seen him. I just meant in general. I really hope that the next few players we sign are very good on the ball. Hopefully we can get at least 3 more in. Winger, LB and a striker. Ideally i'd like us to get a good creative CM as well, one that can run the show and dictate the play and tempo as well as being able to make a good final ball. But i'dbe happy with 3 players, but i just can't see us getting all of these unless we get one of them in very soon. Deals can happen quite quick from nowhere to be fair. And we're probably working on a few at the same time. Fingers crossed that we get what we need.

I keep seeing this about needing a creative midfielder, are Shelvey and Diame not exactly that?

Yeah, I've been wondering that myself.

Fitz Hall*

Marlon Harewood*

Mike Williamson

Peter Lovenkrands

Danny Simpson*

Zurab Khizanishvili*

Patrick Van Aanholt

Leon Best

Fabrice Pancrate

Championship signings last time around FWIW.

* Denotes loan

Wayne Routledge

So you're content with Colback playing every now and then? And dont tell me that Colback is a defensive midfielder, as being shit going forward doesnt make you a DM and he is shit defensively anyway. I said that it would be a bonus if we could get another CM, and I don't mean an extremely attacking one, but one that is good both ways and has a good range of passing and can be a bit creative. Controlling the tempo and dictating play. Winger and LB and striker should be higher priority of course.

So you're content with Colback playing every now and then? And dont tell me that Colback is a defensive midfielder, as being s*** going forward doesnt make you a DM and he is s*** defensively anyway. I said that it would be a bonus if we could get another CM, and I don't mean an extremely attacking one, but one that is good both ways and has a good range of passing and can be a bit creative. Controlling the tempo and dictating play. Winger and LB and striker should be higher priority of course.

Nope, never mentioned colback and am not happy about him ever getting playing time for us. I don't think he's any sort of footballer, never mind a type of midfielder. The type you describe is ideal and I agree with you entirely. I popped in because I was wondering why folks (on enough previous posts for it to become a theme) are asking for more creative midfielders when we have 2 already. Only so many spaces in squad, never mind a team. Always up for improvements on what we have though.

I think our biggest problem area is still going to be left back. in the championship you want one that can bring the ball out and overlap with the forwards, I just don't see one here who can do that presently. Haidara is hit and miss and usually injured for half the season. Dummett and Mbabu are defenders only. I thought we'd give ourselves more options than this.

So you're content with Colback playing every now and then? And dont tell me that Colback is a defensive midfielder, as being s*** going forward doesnt make you a DM and he is s*** defensively anyway. I said that it would be a bonus if we could get another CM, and I don't mean an extremely attacking one, but one that is good both ways and has a good range of passing and can be a bit creative. Controlling the tempo and dictating play. Winger and LB and striker should be higher priority of course.

Not sure how saying "I don't understand why people don't regard Diame/Shelvey as creative midfielders" = I'm happy for Colback to be on the pitch ? :lol:

Daily Mail says we have bid £5 million for Yedlin, and want him signed before allowing Janmaat to leave.

Hopefully BS. Craig Hope ?

Not sure how saying "I don't understand why people don't regard Diame/Shelvey as creative midfielders" = I'm happy for Colback to be on the pitch ? :lol:

Daily Mail says we have bid £5 million for Yedlin, and want him signed before allowing Janmaat to leave.

Hopefully BS. Craig Hope ?

Nah.