Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Wasn't Rafa quoted as saying he on,y wants proven pre ire ship quality this window, which would rule out both Higan and Wilson. Think we need to sort out the midfield first anyway, absolutely no creativity for whichever striker we want to sign.

It's something I've never gotten like, the argument that basically every signing you make has to be some up and coming wonderkid or someone who instantly walks into your side and improves you ten-fold. You can be pretty certain that any signing we make now in their mid 20s and beyond is made for an actual reason. Ie Rafa has identified them as being necessary. Whether that's for the dressing room, as back-up, or to slot right in. We're not just randomly signing people for no apparent reason.

Just about all of our signings this season have been made with one priority in mind and that's promotion. There'll probably be a complete overhaul if we go up. but Rafa won't care, his objective will have been achieved.

We love to waste money mind

What? :lol:

You don't believe we've wasted money?

When? And who cares?

Well we've spent like 130m in the last 2 seasons

Well I care, we aren't made of money man and unlike last season we don't necessarily have as many saleable assets

Scott Hogan:

I hope not. I must admit I haven't seen Hogan much at all but i'd still hope we'd be aiming for a bit higher level of quality than him and Wilson.

How do you know his 'level of quality' if you haven't seen him?

Guest neesy111

Scott Hogan:

I hope not. I must admit I haven't seen Hogan much at all but i'd still hope we'd be aiming for a bit higher level of quality than him and Wilson.

FM generation isn't it.

Scott Hogan:

I said I hadn't seen him much, not that I hadn't seen him at all and when I have, he's not stood out as someone who would come in and make a massive improvement to what we've got now. It's all well and good claiming that we 'need to build a squad' but we've already got Gayle, Mitro, Murphy, Perez and Armstrong, who's loan ends in January, who can all play the lone striker role that Rafa wants.

Scott Hogan:

FM generation isn't it.

Complete and utter bollocks. Well done.

When? And who cares?

Well I care, we aren't made of money man and unlike last season we don't necessarily have as many saleable assets

There's so much money floating around the Premier League (way too much tbh) that it literally doesn't matter any more. But even ignoring that, after years and years of underinvestment in the management and squad and consistently selling our best players, I'm staggered that any NUFC fan gives a fuck about how much we spend and particularly about having 'saleable assets'.

Guest neesy111

When? And who cares?

There's so much money floating around the Premier League (way too much tbh) that it literally doesn't matter any more. But even ignoring that, after years and years of underinvestment in the management and squad and consistently selling our best players, I'm staggered that any NUFC fan gives a fuck about how much we spend and particularly about having 'saleable assets'.

You should still be prudent in how you spend your money, otherwise you'll get a reputation for just throwing money at players.  Otherwise known as the freddy shepherd method of transfers.

When? And who cares?

There's so much money floating around the Premier League (way too much tbh) that it literally doesn't matter any more. But even ignoring that, after years and years of underinvestment in the management and squad and consistently selling our best players, I'm staggered that any NUFC fan gives a f*** about how much we spend and particularly about having 'saleable assets'.

Ofcourse it still matters man, how much money do you think Ashley is willing to invest?

And I care about us having 'saleable assets' as that's a big reason we've able to invest heavily in the second division

I don't want Ashley to invest anything and he doesn't need to.

If our players are assets then we should be keeping them and getting the benefit. Can't believe we're still having this discussion after everything we've been through in the last decade.