Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not against having a massive squad per se. My point basically is that there's no point in having 4th choice strikers and 5th choice full backs when Colback's playing loads of games and alongside that Shelvey has always been a liability for suspensions/loss of form through his attitude

Football doesn't work like that.

So its just impossible to buy midfielders then? What midfielders did we get linked to in the summer that we didn't get?

That's not the point - your saying there is no point in having back up players in others positions because we didn't sign more central midfielders - it just doesn't work like that.

In terms of CMs were linked with Lucas, Alex Pritchard, Marcos Llorente, Nabil Bentaleb, Will Hughes, Michael Carrick, Cheick N'Dpye - I am sure there were more.

No, I'm saying that you have to sort out your first team and another 3-4 players before worrying about players who are barely going to feature. There's having a squad which I'm all for and then there's buying players in case 3 players in the same position get injured which is almost never going to happen. Most of the bigger clubs don't buy experienced players just in case half their squad gets food poisoning. None of those players were heavily linked at any stage, did we make a bid for any of those?

I was wrong in my initial post to include Hanley in that as I had forgotten Mbemba was going to the ACON

Aye right on :lol:

Man City bought Fabian Delph to start every week like... Liverpool bought Lambert not long ago to play up front every game...

Man City bought Delph because they needed an English player. He also featured 17 times last season in the league and has had bad injury troubles. Lambert featured 25 times for Liverpool in the league in his season there, neither comparable at all. That puts him in the same ballpark as the amount of minutes Mitrovic will play by the end of the season at his current rate.

Featured 17 times :lol: Aye, in the cups when they've rested the entire team. How many minutes of PL football did Delph play? This season he has played 26 minutes.

Lambert featured heavily due to injuries due to other key players, never ahead of others. Which is exactly how Gamez, Hanley & Murphy will be used for us.

Those two players are two examples out of loads, if I wasn't in the car I'd pull a few others up but these are sufficient to prove your empty argument wrong.

17 times in the league Delph featured. 8 starts, 9 sub appearances. Started 1 and came on as a sub in 4 in the CL. Delph has been injured most of this season.

Aye, Lambert played that many games because he was bought as second choice, not third or fourth choice as Murphy was. Lambert was basically what Mitro is to us now.

When you get the time come up with some other examples because both the ones you picked were shit.

Delph played the equivalent of 8.4 full games in the PL last season out of 38, such a key player.

That's also ignoring the fact he only featured due to injuries to others.

And Lambert played less than 9 full games in the season you rave about him being so key. Nearly all of his appearances were sub appearances.

Literally never said either were key players you lunatic

Delph played the equivalent of 8.4 full games in the PL last season out of 38, such a key player.

And Lambert played less than 9 full games in the season you rave about him being so key. Nearly all of his appearances were sub appearances.

They were squad players... Just like those you are moaning about that we had.

Delph was second choice CM for Man City last season? Or a squad player? Like Gamez, Murphy etc.

Cant remember who Liverpool had upfront when Lambert was bought in but did they have Balotelli and Borini then? Was Lambert really second choice or bought in to compete for the bench alongside those players? As Murphy has been with us.

Literally no point arguing this with the man who thinks Sissoko is class.

They were squad players... Just like those you are moaning about that we had.

Delph was second choice CM for Man City last season? Or a squad player? Like Gamez, Murphy etc.

Cant remember who Liverpool had upfront when Lambert was bought in but did they have Balotelli and Borini then? Was Lambert really second choice or bought in to compete for the bench alongside those players? As Murphy has been with us.

Literally no point arguing this with the man who thinks Sissoko is class.

Yes, they were squad players, who actually contributed and played some games. I obviously don't have an issue with that. Not like I'm advocating getting rid of Mitro or Yedlin, for example, squad players who are getting on the field and contributing.

Borini was sold to Sunderland and Balotelli was bought against Rodgers will while Lambert was there so he was mainly second choice and getting a good bit of time on the pitch, not similar to Murphy at all.

Your last point is both incorrect and irrelevant

Squad players are pretty important for providing decent competition in training too, might I add. Not to mention bringing some professionalism to the job everyday, and showing some of the younger guys the way.

Still a long way to go yet, and injuries could come through anytime, and they may actually still have a major role to play in the first team.

This is all a bit embarrassing really.

Nah, defiantly not. He's one of those players who is rated highly because he came through Man Utd's academy, but can't actually do anything, see Obertan.

Nah, defiantly not. He's one of those players who is rated highly because he came through Man Utd's academy, but can't actually do anything, see Obertan.

Who did not come through Man Utd's academy.

:D

Well he was bought fairly young and played for their reserves/youth teams.