Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

push the boat out & sign that Knockout bloke from Brighton man

Can't see it, unfortunately. He's had a couple of family tradegies recently and looked as if he really appreciated how the club/his team mates rallied around (must increase his commitment). Plus they are as likely to be promoted. That said, I am sure we could offer a better contract would be seen as a better long-term option.

Knockaert is a good player tbh. But he would cost far more than he is good as a player if you know what I mean. Anyways, on my flight to to the Philippines now as we speak, zippin red wine. Just wanted to check and see if we had got any cunt over the line yet :)

Knockaert is a good player tbh. But he would cost far more than he is good as a player if you know what I mean. Anyways, on my flight to to the Philippines now as we speak, zippin red wine. Just wanted to check and see if we had got any c*** over the line yet :)

:lol: safe travels mate. don't do drugs and Philippine

Christ not Downing man.

This :lol:

The grief Ritchie gets, he's a f*** load better than Stuart Downing.

Downing plays LW so would be competing with Gouffran immediatley, of who he's far better than. A 6 month loan and letting him compete with Atsu/Ritchie/Gouff for the out wide slot would be more positive than negative IMO.

If it's him or no-one for whatever reason I'd take him. I'm maybe overthinking it anyway - I just want a left winger who is clearly above almost everyone else in the division on the level of Knockaert 'cos I'm greedy. We could do that imo, but a 6-month loan of someone like Downing is probably more in line with our thinking, I agree.

Unless the rumours about the Sissoko fee being paid over instalments was actually correct?

It probably was paid in installments. They would still have to pay all the installments whether they sold him or not though

I was under the impression in recent years that we'd insisted on cash up front for all sales.  Could be wrong.

You are. We buy cash up front.

This....we pay up front to get a lower overall fee, but take outgoings in installments to ensure a good cash flow

Also used as an excuse to not spend. Sure we sold X player for £20m but we've only received 5m in payments so far... so we only have 5m to spend.

Sure Downing once said he would never sign for us. He can f*** off.

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/06/09/article-2653262-1E9DAE4E00000578-147_634x414.jpg

Can't remember him saying that but if he did it's a shame he couldn't stick to his word.

Guest firetotheworks

I'd happily take Downing, would walk into our side.

...and continue to walk when he was in it. He's slow as fuck. I wouldn't have had Downing at his best tbh.

Doesn't he play more central nowadays? Would be a good alternative to Shelvey in the middle with his passing range?

He wants to play as no 10 but Karanka (who he fell out with last year) when he does play him, plays him on the left

I'm not sure he could play in the deeper midfield role that Shelvey plays

George Caulkin ‏@CaulkinTheTimes  22m22 minutes ago

Told that Newcastle enquired about Fulham's Tom Cairney before the window opened and were quoted £20m - & that was the end of that. #NUFC

20m, eh? For a 25-year old Championship player. As a comparison I think we bought Shelvey for 12m.