Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Aye he's good in this league but how long are we going to be in here for and more importantly, is he a Rafa player? There's no way he'd fit into the system that Rafa prefers for us as he wouldn't be willing to graft at both ends and his mentality and attitude is also a reason for that, as well as a reason why he could not and will never develop into a top player.

Transfer market is absolutely mental at the minute. £20m+ for Tom Cairney and Callum Wilson ffs.

Due to everyone in the PL having loads of cash and teams at the top end of the Championship chasing that cash it's very much not a buyers a market domestically at this moment in time.

It's gonna be hard to get the right players in January, this really should have been sorted in summer. I do think with Shelvey back after the Brentford game that we need to focus on getting the right players in rather than rushing to get anyone. There are plenty cloggers who've played years in the Prem but might not shine at this level - look at Colback.

Saying that, we've known the squad was short on creativity from the moment the window closed, so the fact nothing has happened suggests we've either failed in our attempts or are hoping we can pick up what's available as players move at the end of the window. Plenty time in the window left but looking at our current form, I'm not sure the current squad would finish 2nd, especially considering we've been quite lucky with injuries (by our usual standards). This window will make or break the season as recent form without Shelvey has shown.

This is spot-on...we looked short of creativity from the first game at Fulham and this has been proven by home results against teams who compete hard and play defensively...I always thought it would be a big ask to get the players we need in this window, clubs do not want to part at this time of year.

Bit of a no-brainer re Ince, but why on earth would Derby dell him? May as well try for Hughes at the same time.

This is also true...Derby are in with a chance of catching promotion chasing sides so unless they don't rate Ince as highly as others do, they will hang on.

Our main priority is to get out of this league and Ince would certainly help that.

Exactly this - I think some of our fans seem to forget that we're currently in the Championship when assessing targets!

Gouffran is our current starting left winger and we need to go up. Ince would be a good signing.

Gouffran doesn't have to be starting games though, if Ince is a right footed winger, no reason we couldn't be starting Atsu instead of Gouffran IMO. You could also switch Ritchie to the left at a push. I'm not saying Ince would be a bad signing, just that if we are starting Gouffran it's by choice, not because we have no other options.

Gouffran is our current starting left winger and we need to go up. Ince would be a good signing.

Gouffran doesn't have to be starting games though, if Ince is a right footed winger, no reason we couldn't be starting Atsu instead of Gouffran IMO. You could also switch Ritchie to the left at a push. I'm not saying Ince would be a bad signing, just that if we are starting Gouffran it's by choice, not because we have no other options.

Ince isn't a right footed winger

Ince isn't a right footed winger

I don't know tbh, just going off one of the posts I've just read on here a couple of pages back.

If we want a Premier League-ready player we're gonna have to pay Premier League prices. Plus a January premium, because who wants to sell a key player in such a tough market? Loan deals sound far more likely and make more sense in our situation. Problem is clubs won't be keen to loan out decent players til they know they can afford to at the end of the window, and that doesn't leave us much time if we miss out.

We keep being linked with Callum Wilson, but any chance we're actually looking at loaning Ibe from them?

We were apparently interested before Bournemouth bought him in the summer, but he hasn't been getting games for them, and he is apparently disappointed as are the club.

He was really good in the Championship, so would make sense I guess.