Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Yeah we really need another defensive midfielder.

Of course we need another midfielder :lol:

We've been linked with Cheick Keita in the Sun. Full back playing in Serie B apparently

We don't need another defensive midfielder though, which is what I said. We need a winger or an alternative to Shelvey.

At the minute the midfield options we've got alongside Shelvey are Colback (s***), Hayden (knackered), Anita (knackered and poor in midfield), Tiote (leaving) and Diame (in Africa and barely played in CM for us)

McCarthy would be a really good signing for us if we got the chance to sign him

Particularly as he's PL-quality, exactly the type of signing we should be making.

Remember I wanted McCarthy to join us around the time he went to Everton. Definite yes for me.

Same. Don't think he's turned out as good as hyped coming from Wigan, but he's a solid, reliable central midfielder.

Routledge is available it would seem. Not as good as he was but I'd probably still take.

We're this close to starting Sammy Ameobi at LW, I'd snap your hand off for Wayne Routledge.

Though unless Swansea are willing to let him go for cheap, I don't know how that move would jive in light of our recently reaffirmed transfer policy.

As already mentioned earlier this window. I prefer loan deals since the window seems very difficult and expensive and our status as a Championship club isn´t that attractive.

Save the money and wait until quality players will come...we do not need more Championship material to offload next season.

If Gayle and Mitro only are out a few weeks then i think we have enough to go up.

James McCarthy is available but Everton want 15million plus for him. Told by a reliable Everton source who has been bang on the money with all other Everton news over the past year or 2 (Lukaku staying, the Schneiderlin deal, also says they're currently bidding for Depay).

Not sure we would pay that?

James McCarthy is available but Everton want 15million plus for him. Told by a reliable Everton source who has been bang on the money with all other Everton news over the past year or 2 (Lukaku staying, the Schneiderlin deal, also says they're currently bidding for Depay).

Not sure we would pay that?

Hope we go nowhere near him anyway, regardless of price he is so average.

Routledge is available it would seem. Not as good as he was but I'd probably still take.

We're this close to starting Sammy Ameobi at LW, I'd snap your hand off for Wayne Routledge.

Goes without saying. He'd still piss all over the Championship, as he did last time.