Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Has to be quick, strong and mobile and also a constant goal threat. Able to hold up the ball as well as run in behind and into the channels. Has to be top drawer really.

Maybe less so if we had some more quality in the number ten and wing positions.

Has to be quick, strong and mobile and also a constant goal threat. Able to hold up the ball as well as run in behind and into the channels. Has to be top drawer really.

And this from an attacking perspective is where we need to improve should we go up. Gayle deserves a chance in the top flight, but we really need to upgrade the 10 position and the other wing to Ritchie. if we do that well keep Shelvey and Hayden together and fit, I'm sure we'll score a lot more goals and under rafa we'll always have a good defensive record.

So, someone big and strong yet quick and nimble. Explosive speed yet endless stamina. Fantastic with his back to goal but also great at dribbling. A natural goal scorer yet selflessly running the channels. Pin point shooting accuracy and awesome in the air. Never injured.

Just curious but apart from Rafa, do you think any other managers feel like they could work with this kind of striker?  ;)

So, someone big and strong yet quick and nimble. Explosive speed yet endless stamina. Fantastic with his back to goal but also great at dribbling. A natural goal scorer yet selflessly running the channels. Pin point shooting accuracy and awesome in the air. Never injured.

Just curious but apart from Rafa, do you think any other managers feel like they could work with this kind of striker?  ;)

It does make you wonder whether Rafa would entertain the idea of signing Torres again despite him being past his best about 5 years ago.

Disclaimer: no idea what he's like these days, but Rafa's formation does require a certain fit for a striker.

Guest neesy111

It does make you wonder whether Rafa would entertain the idea of signing Torres again despite him being past his best about 5 years ago.

Disclaimer: no idea what he's like these days, but Rafa's formation does require a certain fit for a striker.

I think he would but he clearly isn't available and wouldn't come imo.

He's out of contract in the summer

I don't pretend to be an avid watcher of Spanish football, but for me Torres is well past his best and for his age there's no way Ashley would entertain giving him the wages he would likely demand. I'm not even sure how effective he'd be in the PL, he appears to be a spent force and IMO wouldn't be any more effective than signing Negredo from Boro if our league situations change.

Guest neesy111

He's out of contract in the summer

He's likely to be offered a new contract imo, he didn't even sign this season's contract until July.  If not, he's not leaving Spain to come back here at 32.

I don't pretend to be an avid watcher of Spanish football, but for me Torres is well past his best and for his age there's no way Ashley would entertain giving him the wages he would likely demand. I'm not even sure how effective he'd be in the PL, he appears to be a spent force and IMO wouldn't be any more effective than signing Negredo from Boro if our league situations change.

I'd agree tbh, just think Rafa might have a problem getting the sort of striker he'll want to make his formation work, and might think he's the manager to get the best out of Torres if he's available.

Torres seemed to go from one of the best strikers in the world, to quite an ordinary striker very quickly. Getting transferred to Chelsea and then being unable to displace Drogba seemed to drain his confidence.

Guest alijmitchell

Would really like us to pick up Llorente if swans go down, to pick up the Murphy role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torres seemed to go from one of the best strikers in the world, to quite an ordinary striker very quickly. Getting transferred to Chelsea and then being unable to displace Drogba seemed to drain his confidence.

Torres was already physically declining at Liverpool, it was extremely visible over a period of time at both clubs. Torres always relied on his physicality, and he'd exploited it from a very early age. It had caught up with him, being such a poor fit at Chelsea just compounded things.

Would really like us to pick up Llorente if swans go down, to pick up the Murphy role

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Always rated Llorente, would be a great signing imo.