Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If you look at players 24 and under for France;

Mbappe (18), O. Dembele (19), M. Dembele (20), T. Hernandez (19), Coman (20), Kimpembe (21), L. Hernandez (21), Martial (21), Lemar (21), Bakayoko (22), Mendy (22), Rabiot (22), Tolisso (22),  Laporte (22), Zouma (22), Umtiti (22), Digne (23), Fekir (23), Kurzawa (24), Varane (24), Pogba (24), Kondogbia (24).

That's just off the top of my head playing for big clubs - and doesn't include the likes of Kalidou Koulibaly, Raphael Guerreiro, Serge Aurier, Mario Lemina etc who were born/grew up in France but chased caps with other nations such is the competitiveness of their youth levels.

It's not just youngsters too. They are a breeding ground for late bloomers that can be signed cheaply. The likes of Kante and Mahrez were signed for peanuts. Gueye has dominated in midfield for Everton this season. Knockaert has stopped us winning the league this year.

Our failure to pick out appropriate talent from Ligue 1 and 2 when it's been our primary market is pretty comical, and Carr's heed should be on the block for that alone.

Guest Howaythetoon

Mbappe (18), O. Dembele (19), M. Dembele (20), T. Hernandez (19), Coman (20), Kimpembe (21), L. Hernandez (21), Martial (21), Lemar (21), Bakayoko (22), Mendy (22), Rabiot (22), Tolisso (22),  Laporte (22), Zouma (22), Umtiti (22), Digne (23), Fekir (23), Kurzawa (24), Varane (24), Pogba (24), Kondogbia (24).

That's just off the top of my head playing for big clubs - and doesn't include the likes of Kalidou Koulibaly, Raphael Guerreiro, Serge Aurier, Mario Lemina etc who were born/grew up in France but chased caps with other nations such is the competitiveness of their youth levels.

It's not just youngsters too. They are a breeding ground for late bloomers that can be signed cheaply. The likes of Kante and Mahrez were signed for peanuts. Gueye has dominated in midfield for Everton this season. Knockaert has stopped us winning the league this year.

Our failure to pick out appropriate talent from Ligue 1 and 2 when it's been our primary market is pretty comical, and Carr's heed should be on the block for that alone.

Agreed! France for me are the best producer of talent in the world game thanks to their African links as well.

After that who...?

Aye, it's the French players we buy that are the problem, not French players on the whole

Guest firetotheworks

Agreed! France for me are the best producer of talent in the world game thanks to their African links as well.

After that who...?

Germany for me. It's very rare that they don't have a very strong national team.

How've you picked up on the wool insult? :lol:

Got a couple of mates from Birkenhead/Liverpool but I didn't actually realise Walters was from there until I saw someone post on Twitter after he scored past Liverpool the other week. Thought it was apt.

After that who...?

Germany for me. It's very rare that they don't have a very strong national team.

We don't ever seem to have any German players, do we? Who was the last?

Guest firetotheworks

After that who...?

We don't ever seem to have any German players, do we? Who was the last?

I think it's probably still Hamman tbh. No one else comes to mind.

This would literally be my least favourite transfer ever......

14m

NUFC 360 @NUFC360

According to CalcioMercato in Italy, Rafa Benitez and #NUFC are keen to bring Moussa Sissoko back to St. James' Park in a cut-price deal.

This would literally be my least favourite transfer ever......

14m

NUFC 360 @NUFC360

According to CalcioMercato in Italy, Rafa Benitez and #NUFC are keen to bring Moussa Sissoko back to St. James' Park in a cut-price deal.

I think he has got worse, as well. There was an opportunity against Palace for him to storm into the box (clear space to run into, in a televised important [potentially] game) and he seemed to bottle it, do a Colback, make the safe choice. Kind of thing a player with low confidence does. Hasn't scored this season apparently.

Always admired his technical quality with the ball at his feet, and how he glided elegantly on the pitch when he ran. Unfortunately he just misses too many important aspects of the game like end product, mental strength and so on..

Thought we were talking about Santon FFS :lol: Sissoko runs like a tank and has the touch of the Hulk. Fuck no, don't want him back :lol:

Only former player I'd like to see come back is HBA, and I'd f***ing love it and be over the moon like never before. Not that it'll happen but his individual brilliance would win us quite many points over a season, even if he'd maybe be a bit inconsistent. Probably not a Rafa player, but yeah, I'd love it. The rest of our former players can f*** off Imo.