Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Colback is better than nobody to be honest.  But it is at least true that Colback can control a ball without it bouncing a yard away from him and make a basic pass to a team mate.  Two things Sissoko can't manage.

No buts, Colback is dreadful; far worse than Sissoko. Like Colback would ever get in the France teams or manage to con a top 3 side to buy him for £30m.

Colback has never, ever, commanded a transfer fee.

Sissoko would be a great signing and I can't stand the c***.

He's one of the main reasons we were relegated, how can that be a great signing?

:lol: Main reasons we were relegated, i don't want him back but you seriously can't be that thick. We had a multitude of issues above Sissoko.

I'm thick?, you need to look in the mirror.  The lad was a permanent fixture in our side and supposed to be one of our main attacking threats and scored one goal.  If that isn't one of the main reasons we were relegated than fuck me what was?

He's one of the main reasons we were relegated, how can that be a great signing?

:lol: Main reasons we were relegated, i don't want him back but you seriously can't be that thick. We had a multitude of issues above Sissoko.

I'm thick?, you need to look in the mirror.  The lad was a permanent fixture in our side and supposed to be one of our main attacking threats and scored one goal.  If that isn't one of the main reasons we were relegated than f*** me what was?

Stop being thick. You should know it was all Colback's and Mitro's fault. Move back into the N-O line!

I'm thick?, you need to look in the mirror.  The lad was a permanent fixture in our side and supposed to be one of our main attacking threats and scored one goal.  If that isn't one of the main reasons we were relegated than f*** me what was?

Stop being thick. You should know it was all Colback's and Mitro's fault.

This but unironically.

Sissoko would be a great signing and I can't stand the cunt.

He wasn't though. Much bigger issues were Anita and Colback in centre mid together for about half a season. Our left flank having absolutely no threat whatsoever for the whole season. Wijnaldum, our most talented player being absolutely anonymous for about 3/4 of the games he played in. Having no striker that could score. Having an awful defence. Having an incompetent manager for most of the season

One fucking goal from a player who was there to attack the opposition.  Wijnaldum was another big reason through being so shit away from home, but he did actually score a lot of goals at least.  There were plenty of reasons we were relegated (notice I said ONE of the main reasons).  But if anyone thinks a lad who took up a attacking place in our side for 37 of the 38 games and produced the sum total of fucking nothing wasn't ONE of the main reasons we went down then frankly those people deserve to suffer the cunt coming back here.

All the reasons Triggs mentioned plus many more, we had a ridiculous amount of issues and Sissoko was one of them but far from the main one.

I think you are the one who needs to look in the mirror tbh, not that it matters as he's not coming back regardless.

Sissoko would be a great signing and I can't stand the cunt.

He wasn't though. Much bigger issues were Anita and Colback in centre mid together for about half a season. Our left flank having absolutely no threat whatsoever for the whole season. Wijnaldum, our most talented player being absolutely anonymous for about 3/4 of the games he played in. Having no striker that could score. Having an awful defence. Having an incompetent manager for most of the season

One fucking goal from a player who was there to attack the opposition.  Wijnaldum was another big reason through being so shit away from home, but he did actually score a lot of goals at least.  There were plenty of reasons we were relegated (notice I said ONE not reason), but if anyone thinks a lad who took up a attacking place in our side and produced the sum total of fucking nothing wasn't ONE of the main reasons we went down then frankly those people deserve to suffer the cunt coming back here.

Yes the problem was that him, a player that isn't very good at attacking was expected to be our biggest attacking threat. Not his fault he was expected to be more than he's capable of and still he wasn't one of the main reasons we went down

All the reasons Triggs mentioned plus many more, we had a ridiculous amount of issues and Sissoko was one of them but far from the main one.

I think you are the one who needs to look in the mirror tbh, not that it matters as he's not coming back regardless.

I didn't say "the main one" though, I said one of the main reasons.  Which means their were several major reasons we went down and he was one of those.  Maybe read a post before implying someone is thick eh?

Whether it was his fault he couldn't do the job or not has no bearing on whether or not his place in the team was a major factor in our relegation.  I mean he's apparently not good at attacking, not his fault, so what is he good at?

Whether it was his fault he couldn't do the job or not has no baring on whether or not his place in the team was a major factor in our relegation.

You're certainly not reading my post anyway because that's not what I said

Yeah and even so you are wrong, but you are clearly overly emotional when it comes to this subject and not thinking very clearly.

One f***ing goal from a player who was there to attack the opposition.  Wijnaldum was another big reason through being so s*** away from home, but he did actually score a lot of goals at least.  There were plenty of reasons we were relegated (notice I said ONE of the main reasons).  But if anyone thinks a lad who took up a attacking place in our side for 37 of the 38 games and produced the sum total of f***ing nothing wasn't ONE of the main reasons we went down then frankly those people deserve to suffer the c*** coming back here.

As emphasized by this post, i don't want him back and i was glad he was sold and don't think he'd be a good signing but he's not even close to one of the main reasons we were relegated. I honestly don't care how many goals he scored, the mere fact all of the reasons Triggs mentions exists completely negates that argument.

But like i said it's fucking April, he's not coming back and this is rumor is total nonsense and there's reason to get worried about it.

You've just said that the problem was that he was being used as a attacker and couldn't do the job.

Yes but I didn't say that was the reason why he wasn't one of the main problems. The reason why he wasn't one of the main problems was because there were much larger problems than him. Let's take the stick that is used to beat him most for example, his poor goals and assists ratio. Let's say us last season was comparable to Swansea, Hull and Burnley this season. How many wingers in those teams have been directly involved in 8 goals this season? Snodgrass is the only one out of those 3 teams to have more and no wingers in any of the other teams are close to that figure

First I was thick, now I'm overly emotional and not thinking clearly.  Any more reasons you want to come out with for me not having the same opinion as you Mole?

I stand 100% by what I said.  We had several major problems that sent us down (several might be generous) and Sissoko was one of them.

You've just said that the problem was that he was being used as a attacker and couldn't do the job.

Yes but I didn't say that was the reason why he wasn't one of the main problems. The reason why he wasn't one of the main problems was because there were much larger problems than him. Let's take the stick that is used to beat him most for example, his poor goals and assists ratio. Let's say us last season was comparable to Swansea, Hull and Burnley this season. How many wingers in those teams have been directly involved in 8 goals this season? Snodgrass is the only one out of those 3 teams to have more and no wingers in any of the other teams are close to that figure

So you're saying that Sissoko was let down by the players around him?, in your opinion he did as well as he could do considering the lack of creativity from the rest of the side?

BTW if we're going to talk about the goals Sissoko was involved in (7 assists and 1 goal) lets remember that two of those assists were against Spurs after we were relegated.

So you're saying that Sissoko was let down by the players around him?, in your opinion he did as well as he could do considering the lack of creativity from the rest of the side?

BTW if we're going to talk about the goals Sissoko was involved in (7 assists and 1 goal) lets remember that two of those assists were against Spurs after we were relegated.

I'm saying Sissoko did much better than the average winger does in a relegation team. If the rest of our team had performed similarly compared to the average relegation team we probably would have been fine. He only got 1 assist vs Tottenham btw

I wouldn't want him back but something like Sissoko plus £14m in cash and call it square could tempt Rafa maybe.  He gets a decent midfielder plus £14m to spend on a quality CB or winger or whatever without even touching our transfer budget.  Two for the price of one sort of thing.

I doubt if there's anything in the Santon / Sissoko rumours. They're both players who are likely to move because of a lack of first team opportunities, and it's easy for journos to speculate about 'a possible return'.

Santon isn't any better than Dummett and Sissoko has been sussed out by Premiership defenders.

Who did we buy last time we went up ? I can't remember breaking the bank for anyone

Perch

Gosling

Ben Arfa

Tiote

Sol Campbell

Only Perch and Tiote cost fees, with Ben Arfa being on loan, and the others free transfers.

Could be argued we had retained a better 'core' of players that went down... incl. Nolan, Barton, Carroll, Enrique, etc.

Who did we buy last time we went up ? I can't remember breaking the bank for anyone

Perch

Gosling

Ben Arfa

Tiote

Sol Campbell

Only Perch and Tiote cost fees, with Ben Arfa being on loan, and the others free transfers.

Could be argued we had retained a better 'core' of players that went down... incl. Nolan, Barton, Carroll, Enrique, etc.

Could :lol: There'll never be a Championship team with that amount of quality ever again.