Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick says he will likely retire from football when he leaves Old Trafford, ruling out a switch to his boyhood club Newcastle.

“No, I think that’s (playing for Newcastle) passed now," he told MOTD magazine. "When I was a kid I was supporting Newcastle, I dreamt one day I would do but I count myself very fortunate to have played for Manchester United for so long.

“It’s just one of those things where you can’t have everything. If and when I finish here (Manchester United), that will probably be it I think."

Massive shame that he never played for us, like. Ridiculous that we didn't sign him when he went from West Ham to Spurs, and yet another one that got away. Great footballer.

Guest neesy111

Manchester United midfielder Michael Carrick says he will likely retire from football when he leaves Old Trafford, ruling out a switch to his boyhood club Newcastle.

“No, I think that’s (playing for Newcastle) passed now," he told MOTD magazine. "When I was a kid I was supporting Newcastle, I dreamt one day I would do but I count myself very fortunate to have played for Manchester United for so long.

“It’s just one of those things where you can’t have everything. If and when I finish here (Manchester United), that will probably be it I think."

Massive shame that he never played for us, like. Ridiculous that we didn't sign him when he went from West Ham to Spurs, and yet another one that got away. Great footballer.

Shepherd wanted Nicky Butt ahead of him.

:facepalm:

Guest firetotheworks

Shepherd wanted Nicky Butt ahead of him.

:facepalm:

Aye, even in 2005 when I read that in SBR's book, I was outraged. To make things worse, SBR wanted Boumsong, didn't get him, and he's the one we went back in for. :lol: We've been one of the thickest clubs going for years like.

Mate of mine is a Stoke ST holder and is of the opinion that Shawcross is on the decline, which is what I'm going on.

I've noted a physical decline on the few occasions I've watched Stoke. Could be argued he'd be still a good organiser.

He's never been that good tbh, average mid table clogger which is why he's still at Stoke.

Still remember the times when Cisse lost him for goals like he was an amateur. So yeah I'm not excited as most seem to be.

I agree his type is what we need but someone of higher quality who doesn't get pulled out of position so easily would be better.

I don't watch enough football anymore to know who we could get or who would be available but I do know he's not good enough or change anything substantially.

He's never been that good tbh, average mid table clogger which is why he's still at Stoke.

Still remember the times when Cisse lost him for goals like he was an amateur. So yeah I'm not excited as most seem to be.

I agree his type is what we need but someone of higher quality who doesn't get pulled out of position so easily would be better.

I don't watch enough football anymore to know who we could get or who would be available but I do know he's not good enough or change anything substantially.

Hes a good experienced mid table centre back, any newly promoted team would struggle to sign a better centre back than Shawcross

I think my excitement would be based upon our current CB sitch, rather than due to any expectation that Ryshaw is a world beater.

This! Shawcross, Mbemba, Clark and Lascelles would be a decent quartet in the PL. If Mbemba goes, we'd need another ball-player.

I think my excitement would be based upon our current CB sitch, rather than due to any expectation that Ryshaw is a world beater.

Well I think that's how Rafa would see it rather than he thinks he's a world beater either. He's experienced, and is a proven Premier defender who can do the basic no nonsense stuff well. I would think that Clark is a younger version though, not sure if they would dovetail that well. Might be a concern about pace at the back if they were first choice pairing.