Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Served their purpose.

Absolutely. No axe to grind, they both played their albeit small parts this season. Wish both of them well but hopefully this means a CB and a CF are coming in fairly early in the window.

Both did well and wouldn't have minded either staying around as backups but also sensible freeing up wage bill as neither should be getting much game time. Murphy I thought did very well when called upon and would be a sensible buy for anyone in the championship

Guest neesy111

We seem to have to cover more positions with buying players as our academy isn't producing anywhere enough players to even be 2nd/3rd choice for a position.

Like many have mentioned, Begovic for 10m should be a no brainer. Experienced goalkeeper who has the best years infront of him. Im from Bosnia and watch every international game. I have never been dissapointed with his perfomances. Hes to good for the bench.

We seem to have to cover more positions with buying players as our academy isn't producing anywhere enough players to even be 2nd/3rd choice for a position.

Some of the 'older' ones just seem not to have developed at all: Good, Vukic etc

Can't believe we still have some of them on the books, assume we must be getting close to the end of some of their contracts.

Guest reefatoon

When we were handing out 8 year contracts willy nilly, Vukic must have slipped his in the list to be signed.. Seems to have been here forever.

Should get our money back with Hanley, Murphy get a few million.

Murphey's 34 I doubt we'll get anything like that for him.

I'm not sure if Krul would be happy on the bench for Chelsea, he probably wants to go to the world cup. Darlow might though so an exchange deal could be good for both clubs.

When we were handing out 8 year contracts willy nilly, Vukic must have slipped his in the list to be signed.. Seems to have been here forever.

2 years off a testimonial

2 years off a testimonial

:lol: christ

Fulham want £20m for Cairney.

Anybody watch today's game? I know he scored, but apparently he was quiet. I'm wondering if he's better than what we've already got in Shelvey if he's not dominating games?

Anybody watch today's game? I know he scored, but apparently he was quiet. I'm wondering if he's better than what we've already got in Shelvey if he's not dominating games?

He's been excellent pretty much all season for Fulham and dominated plenty of games, especially our game at SJP

He's been excellent pretty much all season for Fulham and dominated plenty of games, especially our game at SJP

Our midfield isn't the hardest to dominate tbf, especially if Hayden is missing. I haven't watched him much but I gather he's not got much pace, so wondering how he would fare in the Premier. I doubt anyone is going to pay £20m for him anyway.

Wouldn't make sense for Bournemouth to sell king who has just had his best season with them to a club like us who will be contesting at about their level? They wanted 20m for their other forward who hes now ahead of.