Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Joe Hart is probably on near double any of other players are.

He's not going to Chelsea, Man Utd, Arsenal or Spurs and Klopp says hes not interested. Everton want Pickford.

If Hart wants to come back to England, without sitting on the bench, he's going to have to take a wage cut.

Perhaps West Ham might be daft enough to pay him 100k a week, mind.

If folk are baulking at Josh King (a very good player imo) then it's going to be a long summer on here!

They aren't, just saying he shouldn't be our number 1 target.

If folk are baulking at Josh King (a very good player imo) then it's going to be a long summer on here!

They aren't, just saying he shouldn't be our number 1 target.

Exactly, I have been preaching since the season ended that some of the signings mentioned are a bit out of reach.

But even I find King being a #1 target as a bit worrying, he might be brilliant and I'm wrong because I was wrong about Gayle and Clark.

Just don't think he's good enough to be considered the guy you want above all else, I trust Rafa and expect him to get it right but just giving my opinion.

I would think Rafa will have a new CH as his 'first' choice and number 1 target imo. Stable and strong leadership (to quote the mantra of today) I would imagine as his first priorities.

Not saying we aren't in need of a new striker etc but I would imagine the deficiencies at the heart of our team will be his 'major' concerns (CH and CM).

As for King, he is certainly better than we have so provided it wouldn't be silly money then I'm all for it. Ditto with Hart.

Unfortunately wages are going to be an issue with a lot of players who would be better starting at a club like us rather than bench warming at City, Chelsea and the likes...but if you're offered daft money for doing not much work then who is realistically going to say no to that. Millionaires by their mid twenties. Happy days.

Never really been a fan of Hart tbh, I could see why Pep let him go. King on the other hand is intriguing. Could be a one season wonder, but there's something about him I really like. He looks quality potential wise.

Yeah I have thanks very much, he's on a downward curve.

Playing with a defence he can probably barely communicate with. He might be past his peak but I've no doubt he'll go to a team like Everton and be perfectly reliable.

This has been the case for a few years now tbh, I think he's vastly overrated but having said that considering how little I rate our current crop of keepers I'd be quite happy with him signing.

Playing with a defence he can probably barely communicate with. He might be past his peak but I've no doubt he'll go to a team like Everton and be perfectly reliable.

Not just that he can't communicate with them, but Torino pretty much sold their entire backline last summer and didn't replace them (Glik to Monaco, Maksimovic to Napoli, Bruno Peres to Roma). So he's been playing infront of a very unsettled and disorganised defence in general.

That said, he hasn't performed particularly well on an individual level. I'd take him as he's better than what we've got but there are still question marks on his recent decline.

I'd take Hart, but if not him Begovic would also be a huge upgrade on what we've got.

Available for £10m apparently. Chelsea were also interested in Darlow (£8m) & Krul (loan) in the winter window to replace him should he go.

I'd take Hart, but if not him Begovic would also be a huge upgrade on what we've got.

Available for £10m apparently. Chelsea were also interested in Darlow (£8m) & Krul (loan) in the winter window to replace him should he go.

Which one is available for £10m? I'd take Bergovic for that. Hart, no thanks. I think I'd rather keep Darlow.

If Begovic is available he would be a cracking shout.

Personally I think Hart is still way better than Krul (for me he is as good as he is ever going to be) and Darlow (at this stage of his career) so on a loan deal or reasonable fee I would welcome him as well.

Around 10m for a good premier league standard keeper is canny value imo. Sales of Mitrovic, Colback, Hanley, Sels and maybe even Krul would recoup that surely? without putting a dent in the rest of the 60-70m?

Getting back to Josh King, but our last buy from Bournemouth has been a good un. He doubled his wages when he came, if the reports were correct.

I've not watched the games but the analysis sites have King down as playing behind Afobe in a 4-2-3-1 about half the time this season.

If Begovic is available he would be a cracking shout.

Personally I think Hart is still way better than Krul (for me he is as good as he is ever going to be) and Darlow (at this stage of his career) so on a loan deal or reasonable fee I would welcome him as well.

Around 10m for a good premier league standard keeper is canny value imo. Sales of Mitrovic, Colback, Hanley, Sels and maybe even Krul would recoup that surely? without putting a dent in the rest of the 60-70m?

:thup: Would have no issues with it really, think we need an upgrade regardless as our current crop are not up to much.

Which one is available for £10m? I'd take Bergovic for that. Hart, no thanks. I think I'd rather keep Darlow.

Bournemouth nearly had him for £10m in the last window, but Chelsea couldn't get a suitable replacement (they were looking at both our keepers)

Begovic wants to leave, one prem start all season, 30, far too good for the support role. Reckon £5m + Krul would do it.