Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Carvalho being pushed heavily by some random website via my onefootball app. I wouldn't get excited just yet.

He's more than good enough to play for any of the top 4. The only thing is the top 6 clubs mostly all have very good players in that position. Therein lies our chance.. assuming Ashley would approve a fee like that, which would undoubtedly smash our transfer record. (which is still set by Michael Owen?)

Why would they let Iheanacho leave? Sure they've got Aguero and Jesus, but Iheanacho has to be about as good third choice as you can possibly get?

Considering their splurges already i wouldn't be surprised if they buy another forward for no reason what so ever. Same goes for Chelsea and Batshauyi.

Carles Alena linked from Barca B....

VI?!

He's apparently the closest to Iniesta style wise that Barca have got on their books.

That would soon change if he came here :lol:

Carles Alena linked from Barca B....

VI?!

Silky left foot, but I'm always a bit wary of players of his ilk that make it big in youth football, where they enjoy oozles of space.

I highly rate Benítez's eye for midfielders though.

Carvalho is one i could actually see tbh, he's another one who was hyped as a youth and while talented he's stagnated to the point the CL clubs are no longer interested.

The exact type of profile we should be looking to pursue.

Would pass out in excitement if we somehow signed Carvalho and brought in quality like Iheanacho or Batshauyi

Batshauyi looked like a clumsy oaf when he came on yesterday, i'd pass on him.

Carvalho would be a coup. All the media coverage so far is most likely agents trying to sniff out a club who'll pay the asking price, we've always been a go to club for that sort of thing.

I could see us paying over 20m+ for a player this summer.. but over 30? I doubt it.

You'd pass on Batshauyi which you're basing on him playing about 4 minutes at the end of a cup final when his team were losing and down to 10 men?

I'm sure there's many a youtube video of him looking the business.

And the result yesterday has nothing to do with my opinion.. he came on with limited time to try and rescue something for them, but instead could only bundle over Arsenal players or take up all the wrong positions in the few times he had the ball.

Just suggests a lack of intelligence to me and for that reason i'd pass.

Rafa knows best though.

Just think it's a bit daft to say you'd pass on him because he gave away a couple of freekicks when his team were desperate to get the ball back from one of the best teams at keeping the ball and Chelsea were down to 10 men in a cup final so it was bound to be a bit frantic

People turning their nose up at Batshauyi :anguish: We're a f***ing newly promoted team ffs, we're not going to sign Messi.

Batshauyi would be an incredible loan to pull in.

Very much this

Chelsea were still in that game even with 10 men.. Costa was getting chances.

Imagine that was us in a cup final in the same position.. like 5 minutes to go and we bring on someone who essentially helps the opposition run down the clock by pushing people over repeatedly.. they'd be getting ridiculed on here.. and rightly so.

From his French clips he does indeed look like a powerful player, cut from the same cloth as Louis Saha maybe. It could take the lad a few years to get to grips with the PL though, something we wouldn't benefit from by taking him on loan for a year.

From his French clips he does indeed look like a powerful player, cut from the same cloth as Louis Saha maybe. It could take the lad a few years to get to grips with the PL though.

Other than the FA Cup appearance he has scored like nearly everytime he's played, he doesn't need to get to grips with it at all.

He just needs more minutes, it's a bit ridiculous being so critical of him based on so little.

Chelsea were still in that game even with 10 men.. Costa was getting chances.

Imagine that was us in a cup final in the same position.. like 5 minutes to go and we bring on someone who essentially helps the opposition run down the clock by pushing people over repeatedly.. they'd be getting ridiculed on here.. and rightly so.

From his French clips he does indeed look like a powerful player, cut from the same cloth as Louis Saha maybe. It could take the lad a few years to get to grips with the PL though, something we wouldn't benefit from by taking him on loan for a year.

And you made that assessment based on a few minutes on the pitch at the end of the game?