Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest reefatoon

All these rumours are really tedious, as there's clearly nothing in most of them.

Why is it tedious? surely no names whatsoever is tedious. Can't see anything wrong with loads of names being mentioned, even if they are all shite, at least we are getting stuff to read about us.

But it is a very welcome change from the Pardew era of "we'll make 3 or 4 signings" followed by "I want to get 1 or 2 signings over the line" followed by "we hopefully will have 1 new face in" followed by "it's been a hard window..."

All these rumours are really tedious, as there's clearly nothing in most of them.

Why is it tedious? surely no names whatsoever is tedious. Can't see anything wrong with loads of names being mentioned, even if they are all shite, at least we are getting stuff to read about us.

Because I keep checking this thread and there's nothing even close to a credible rumour so far :lol: Realise that it's partly my fault, mind.

Why is it tedious? surely no names whatsoever is tedious. Can't see anything wrong with loads of names being mentioned, even if they are all s****, at least we are getting stuff to read about us.

Because I keep checking this thread and there's nothing even close to a credible rumour so far :lol: Realise that it's partly my fault, mind.

You should check the last page.

Guest reefatoon

Why is it tedious? surely no names whatsoever is tedious. Can't see anything wrong with loads of names being mentioned, even if they are all s****, at least we are getting stuff to read about us.

The only tedious part so far is when we were side tracked by Dummett and Krul.

Mark Douglas confirming there is an interest in William Carvalho is encouraging. He'll be well sought after throughout Europe, mind.

Mark Douglas confirming there is an interest in William Carvalho is encouraging. He'll be well sought after throughout Europe, mind.

Not as much as you may think imo, he doesn't have quite the same reputation he did two to three years ago.

Thought that link was a crock of shite. Interesting.

Guest Howaythetoon

It's like Keegan with Ned

I was so sad at the time. He'd got the goal that in all reality kept us from dropping down to division 3 at home versus Portsmouth, had an outstanding season in the promotion campaign, scored 35 goals in 70 appearances for the club including a hatrick in his last match, he wasn't old 27/28 or so. Didn't see the logic in it at all. But we tripled our money on him and replaced him with Beardsley who would go on to form up with Cole, the genius of KK.

He wanted to keep him, but told him he wouldn't be a starter and would not feature much and Kelly wanted first team football so KK respected that and sold him.

I thought Kelly and Cole would have worked up front in the Premier League and that Kelly would have filled in for the then injured Beardsley adequately. Allen was Kelly's replacement.

Fucking how well did KK buy and sell btw?

Not as much as you may think imo, he doesn't have quite the same reputation he did two to three years ago.

Maybe not, but still a regular starter for Portugal (at least was before and during the Euros). I'd still be amazed if we get him and it'd be a massive signing.

I feel very wary about links such as William.

I don't want to talk less of NUFC - because we are a very good prospect for a great many players looking to move and progress their career... but if someone like him is choosing to join us, it is obviously for the money and we've been burned so badly, repetitively, by that sort of transfer for about ten years running. I want to be signing good players who see us as a step up. Not as a potential stepping stone or an opportunity to get wealthier.

Finding players with the right attitudes will have been a lot easier last summer, I imagine. By the very nature of their transfer, last summer's haul of players obviously had the requisite attitude or they wouldn't have joined. This season is different though. The PL badge has so many other connotations we really have to be careful syphoning-off the pure knackers on the shortlist.

Not saying William is a knacker, obviously, cos I know very little about him in truth. But if he's hot property then why the heck's he coming to Newcastle if it isn't for the wage just-about alone?

Guest Howaythetoon

I don't want to talk less of NUFC - because we are a very good prospect for a great many players looking to move and progress their career... but if someone like him is choosing to join us, it is obviously for the money and we've been burned so badly, repetitively, by that sort of transfer for about ten years running. I want to be signing good players who see us as a step up. Not as a potential stepping stone or an opportunity to get wealthier.

Finding players with the right attitudes will have been a lot easier last summer, I imagine. By the very nature of their transfer, last summer's haul of players obviously had the requisite attitude or they wouldn't have joined. This season is different though. The PL badge has so many other connotations we really have to be careful syphoning-off the pure knackers on the shortlist.

Not saying William is a knacker, obviously, cos I know very little about him in truth. But if he's hot property then why the heck's he coming to Newcastle if it isn't for the wage just-about alone?

Under Pardew and McClaren yes, but not under Rafa who is someone world renowned for improving players and winning big honours. Like with KK and Sir Bobby, I'm confident when Rafa speaks to a potential signing, he can sell the club and his ideas and make that player want to join because its a good fit. I mean he has managed to get Ashley to loosen his grip on all things the club.

Guest Howaythetoon

As much as I didn't rate them in the end and that they didn't turn out right, players like Cabella, Thauvan, Janmaat, Sissoko and Gini for example under Rafa would all have improved immeasurably under such coaching and man management. Well, maybe not Sissoko....

Under Pardew and McClaren yes, but not under Rafa who is someone world renowned for improving players and winning big honours. Like with KK and Sir Bobby, I'm confident when Rafa speaks to a potential signing, he can sell the club and his ideas and make that player want to join because its a good fit. I mean he has managed to get Ashley to loosen his grip on all things the club.

This. The difference now isn't just an increase in wages, it's joining the project Rafa is selling to these players and determining if these are the right characters who will pull on the shirt and be worthy of it.

As much as I didn't rate them in the end and that they didn't turn out right, players like Cabella, Thauvan, Janmaat, Sissoko and Gini for example under Rafa would all have improved immeasurably under such coaching and man management. Well, maybe not Sissoko....

Rafa dropped Gini and Janmaat

To explain a little bit Yorkie, a couple of years ago when he was like 17 Carvalho was hyped to the bloody moon.

Comparisons to Vieira and what not, but since then he's fallen off the radar of the elite a little bit. Not to say he's actually a fraud or anything but the CL clubs are not as keen as they were.

He'd still be a bloody great signing for us based on what I have seen for Portugal.(not gonna pretend I watch Lisbon on a regular basis or anything :lol:) Despite his standing dropping a little bit, he'd still represent a coup considering what we have been under Ashley.

I still find it a bit unrealistic, but I do feel like this is the type of player we should be targeting. A young player who while talented is off the radar of the big clubs for what ever reason.