Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Good to see things moving along now. If we are indeed in for this Acquah character, it would suggest that Rafa plans to play LeJuene at the back and not in midfield as some papers had reported.

Looks like our attempt to find a Kante.

He's no Kante, probably more like James McCarthy if anything.

William Carvalho would be the closest thing to a Kante in world football who is available, who will probably end up at Citeh.

William Carvalho would be the closest thing to a Kante in world football who is available, who will probably end up at Citeh.

Kante wasn't a Kante till 2 or 3 years ago.

That Afriyie Acquah has supposedly confirmed he's on his way to england. We were the only club linked with him, as far as I can tell.

He's followed us on twitter n'all.

He also recently started following Glentoran.

Kante was always Kante, he just happens to be perfect for this league. His reading of the game, pace over short distance and simple distribution.

The cosmos pretty much aligned for him when he made the move. It doesn't happen very often.

Looks like a solid and tidy midfielder to me, going off highlights. Seems to have good strength, likes to drive forward as much as he can and has an eye for a pass too.

I think he'd fit well into our current setup, giving Jonjo or Hayden more time to express themselves.

I so hope Colback is bought by someone, haway Villa.

That Afriyie Acquah has supposedly confirmed he's on his way to england. We were the only club linked with him, as far as I can tell.

He was at Glentoran as a kid. Not sure he has any link to us.

Looks like a solid and tidy midfielder to me, going off highlights. Seems to have good strength, likes to drive forward as much as he can and has an eye for a pass too.

I think he'd fit well into our current setup, giving Jonjo or Hayden more time to express themselves.

I so hope Colback is shot by someone, haway Villa.

Kante was always Kante, he just happens to be perfect for this league. His reading of the game, pace over short distance and simple distribution.

The cosmos pretty much aligned for him when he made the move. It doesn't happen very often.

Didn't Kante come to Leicester as a winger or was he just picked to play there initially?

Played in America aswell as a kid, might have decent english already if so.

English is the official language of Ghana. Most of the population speak it to varying degrees.

Ah, even better. I always assume Africans speak French by default.  :lol:

I imagine Acquah would come in as a squad player

Really? Why do you say that? Think he'll be slotting into our midfield. Looks a tough, physical DM.

He definitely looks like a good player and I must admit I haven't seen many Torino games the last seasons, but the few I've seen he looked like he likes to wander a bit too much. He tends to power forward when there's a given oportunity and likes to hold on to the ball a little too long in some situasions. Not the ideal partner to Shelvey in my book, but do correct me if my impressions are wrong

I imagine Acquah would come in as a squad player

Really? Why do you say that? Think he'll be slotting into our midfield. Looks a tough, physical DM.

He definitely looks like a good player and I must admit I haven't seen many Torino games the last seasons, but the few I've seen he looked like he likes to wander a bit too much. He tends to power forward when there's a given oportunity and likes to hold on to the ball a little too long in some situasions. Not the ideal partner to Shelvey in my book, but do correct me if my impressions are wrong

Ah, okay. Looks like he has been used as both a DM at times or a box to box midfielder at times also.

Aboubakar according to FutbolArena apparently :

Certainly looks like an entertaining player! Good stats too

Rennes in for him apparently. They are about to sign Ismaila Sarr who we were linked with too.

He's got a load of photos on his t/l thanking Glentoran for supporting his African play and learn initiative. So that's not surprising.