Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Would make absolutely zero sense, for us or for the two players. How do some of these utter cretins steal a living writing for these shiterags?

Undoubtedly one of the Custis cunts spouting shite as per for The S**?... (used to babysit for them when they were younger, well my lass of the time did).

I have a feeling we're bottom feeders in this market and will wait for other clubs to splash the cash so we can take cast-offs. That and we're probably looking to sell before we buy - we have loads of dead wood.

I understand we need to take risks on unproven players to try and find a bargain - after all, we need to buy half a team - but we also need to pay up for a couple of players with very strong CVs who will lift us above the teams in the relegation fight. Honestly, how many of our players would get in the first XI at clubs like Stoke, Southampton, West Ham, Crystal Palace? How many of theirs would get in ours? It shows the scale of the problem. If we're gonna be clear of the relegation places and closer to midtable, we need to be more proactive in the market and that means signing at least a couple of players who are proven and in-demand - and they'll cost 20M+. We haven't seen any serious links with those types of players.

Crystal Palace were linked with Carvalho.. I have a feeling if the price is a little lower than initially suggested that we would come in with a firm offer for him.

If Samaris is 17.5m and could get Carvalho for 20.. few years younger etc, it makes way more sense.

Crystal Palace were linked with Carvalho.. I have a feeling if the price is a little lower than initially suggested that we would come in with a firm offer for him.

If Samaris is 17.5m and could get Carvalho for 20.. few years younger etc, it makes way more sense.

Not to Mike Ashley it doesn't. There is no way we will spend close to £20 million on one player.

Ojo, Lawrence and Loftus-Cheek linked by Douglas this morning.

How massively underwhelming, guessing 2 loans and maybe a few million for Lawrence?

We were more ambitious last summer, those 3 combined have pretty much zero top level football experience.

Not to Mike Ashley it doesn't. There is no way we will spend close to £20 million on one player.

Normally I would agree with you but I think the insistence that LeJeune be paid in instalments could signify that they want to keep a larger stockpile for a big transfer.

Rafa will have had a week to observe the dead wood. I expect him to move on this early next week.

Guest neesy111

Does the free signing of a 20-year old from Arsenal warrant a transfer bath?

Probably a shower.

Probably a shower.

:thup:

Seems a fair compromise and it's probably too hot for a bath anyway.

Guest neesy111

Probably a shower.

:thup:

Seems a fair compromise and it's probably too hot for a bath anyway.

Not up the NE it isn't, proper North South divide on the weather. :anguish:

Transfer bidet.

http://gifrific.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/Coach-Mick-Mcarthy-Look-at-Camera-Smile.gif

Lifting bantz aside, if he's been training with the first team then I'd be happy enough that it's Rafa green lighting a move for him and I can't imagine it's a heavy outlay.

If he stays around the squad as our emergency option at the back it allows Sterry to go out on loan again with no real danger of being recalled and unsettled.

Other than this I'm slightly disappointed to see the Grosicki link evaporating, but hope that it's because we have loftier ambitions.

Although he's raw I think Loftus-Cheek could be superb in the #10 role if Diame was a blueprint for what Rafa is looking for, if there's nothing available this summer (or nothing in our price range) then it would look like a solid move to me.

Ojo, Lawrence and Loftus-Cheek linked by Douglas this morning.

How massively underwhelming, guessing 2 loans and maybe a few million for Lawrence?

We were more ambitious last summer, those 3 combined have pretty much zero top level football experience.

Do you really think Benitez only wants to build a side for this season? Getting certain players on loan could potentially mean tying them down emotionally or even contractually in the future (loan with option to buy). Looking at the dearth of talent both Liverpool and Chelsea have in the respective positions of Ojo and RLC, we could be bringing those two with an eye on a future permanent transfer, the same way we did with Atsu.

Rafa is a master strategist, and he'll definitely be looking at the future, and not just this season.