Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest chopey

that's the flipside as well i guess isn't it, given it's an ashley run club there will likely be no drive to just get people off the books by reducing transfer fees and such to make the deals more agreeable for buying clubs

off the top of my head i would personally want rid of as many of the following as possible with better replacements brought in in their positions

krul/darlow/elliot (2 from 3)

lazaar

gamez

hanley

colback

diame

haidara

gouffran (gone obvs)

murphy

mitro

de jong

saivet

riviere

...that's 14 players and how many could we be looking to get +£5m in fees for?  probably mitro and the keepers, the rest need to be shipped for very low fees to get them off the books but i can't see how this will ever happen

i think we'll get buyers for the likes of hanley and murphy but in order to dredge the last penny out of the deals they'll probably end up being very late in the window which is the last thing we want

There must be at least £30 million worth of players in that lot never mind the wages saved

that's the flipside as well i guess isn't it, given it's an ashley run club there will likely be no drive to just get people off the books by reducing transfer fees and such to make the deals more agreeable for buying clubs

off the top of my head i would personally want rid of as many of the following as possible with better replacements brought in in their positions

lazaar

gamez

hanley

colback

diame

haidara

gouffran (gone obvs)

murphy

mitro

de jong

saivet

riviere

...that's 14 players and how many could we be looking to get +£5m in fees for?  probably mitro and the keepers, the rest need to be shipped for very low fees to get them off the books but i can't see how this will ever happen

i think we'll get buyers for the likes of hanley and murphy but in order to dredge the last penny out of the deals they'll probably end up being very late in the window which is the last thing we want

There must be at least £30 million worth of players in that lot never mind the wages saved

I agree, but to raise that we'd have to be willing to let some of them go for fees that are not what we might hope to get. Can't see us doing that at all. We need to be aggressive in selling as much as buying imo.

I still don't believe we have anywhere near £70m to spend. I can see us spending £20m tops.

I think we will spend around £70m total, so about £50m or so left to spend.

Express show the following for our transfer business so far.

"In

Christian Atsu (Chelsea) £6.2m

Florian Lejeune (SD Eibar) £8.7m

Stefan O'Connor (Arsenal) Free

Josef Yarney (Everton) Free

Out

Florian Thauvin (Marseille) Undisclosed

Kevin Mbabu (BSC Young Boys) Undisclosed

Matz Sels (Anderlecht) Loan

Haris Vuckic (FC Twente) Undisclosed

Lubomir Satka (DAC 1904) Free

Vurnon Anita (Leeds United) Free

Alex Gilliead (Bradford City) Loan "

£14.9m spent. I agree that to some extent the amount of further outlay will depend on who we can get shot of,  and how much we get, but I expect another £65m. One or two around the £20m mark, a couple in the £5-10m bracket , and any remainder to contribute to one or two loan signings. Wouldn't be surprised to see a free signing or two as well. Do think we will go to the wire though/have late signings, given the likely haggling that will be going on.

I still don't believe we have anywhere near £70m to spend. I can see us spending £20m tops.

I think we will spend around £70m total, so about £50m or so left to spend.

£70m excluding that raised from sales i assume?  that's what i'd expect to see personally

lazaar

gamez

hanley

colback

diame

haidara

gouffran (gone obvs)

murphy

mitro

de jong

saivet

riviere

Scary how we have such a long list of shite on our books. As much as Ashley is right to say we can't have this many players on our books, it's his disastrous transfer policy that's led to us accumulating so much shite.

1dcb4c9753b3f362129329390331b45c.jpg

They'll let him sign for Leicester before they make a exciting enquiry.

In all seriousness though, I wouldn't be shocked if Rafa agreed to stay on the promise of say around 25/30m to spend this summer and then any money made from player sales, outside invsmestment, etc being added to top up the pot. The issue at the minute is that we appear to be unable to close the deal with any 3rd party investors and there's minimum interest in any of our players so we're stuck in a very dangerous position where we're looking at deals for what would probably be 3rd choice targets rather than 1st.

Even if we could find a buyer for our surplus to requirement players, how many are going to be willing to accept the huge pay cut they'll need to take? Some will want to leave to get playing time. Some will stay because they know they'll never get paid as much ever again.

Loftus-Cheek - Mark Douglas verdict

Ruben Loftus-Cheek, then. No doubt Newcastle have an interest in him and a couple of other Chelsea youngsters - they’ve been offered Lewis Baker, too, I understand - but at the moment that area is not a priority for Rafa Benitez as he looks to the winger and striker berths that need to be filled at Newcastle.

Loftus-Cheek is clearly an A-grade talent and it might be that Newcastle make an offer. But I don’t think that area is the next department where Newcastle will strike.

A CM should be the very top of our list. Very worrying that Rafa doesn't think so.

We've apparently made a bid for one from one of the top sides in Spain. Someone suggested Mateo Kovacic at Real Madrid, who is apparently available for around £17.5 million. Rafa took him to Madrid from Inter. Would be a great signing.

Seriously though, are we f***ing skint?

Don't think we're skint but I think missing the Sky gravy train last season has hit us more than we thought in terms of where we are compared to everyone.

That'd be fine if f***ing Huddersfield weren't outspending us :lol:

If we'd spent £40m on who they've bought there'd have been hell on.

That's not the point though.

The point is that they have already spent £40m and seemingly have more available, whilst we've spent £8m and even struggled to get that done.

But we could easily have spent £40m by now if that was the calibre of player we wanted to sign. (and we've spent £15m...woopdeedoo)

A CM should be the very top of our list. Very worrying that Rafa doesn't think so.

One injury from The Colback Effect re-emerging. Loftus-Cheek is a huge talent. Worth testing Chelsea's resolve with a bid for a permanent transfer.

One injury from The Colback Effect re-emerging. Loftus-Cheek is a huge talent. Worth testing Chelsea's resolve with a bid for a permanent transfer.

don't know why they'd entertain what we'd offer at this point - ake has shown what they can get back for their youngsters if they want to move them on

don't know why they'd entertain what we'd offer at this point - ake has shown what they can get back for their youngsters if they want to move them on

Ake has already proven himself at PL level. Loftus Cheek hasn't

Ake has already proven himself at PL level. Loftus Cheek hasn't

we're not going to pay say £15m for him - other clubs in the PL with TV cash will pay it, that's the point