Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Probably trying to find a buyer for Hanley first.

Aye, plus we've already signed one defender in Lejeune. We could do with a better left back but I can see us going with Dummett this season if our budget is restricted. Rafa will probably want to prioritise other areas.

Fulham have agreed a £5m deal with Bordeaux to sign striker Diego Rolan, Sky Sports News HQ understands.

The Whites are now hoping to convince the player to join the club despite him preferring a move to the Premier League.

Nixon said we were interested yesterday

Gibbs can't be costing that much, f*** knows why we aren't just moving. This is starting to absolutely take the p*ss now.

That is the one that is actually annoying me, last year of his contract, much better than what we have, we should be tying him up asap.

26 (?) days until we play Spurs and we've got one new player since our season ended in the Championship :lol: Fucking pathetic!

You have to count all the returning loan lads as new signings.  :lol:

Sadly the one who was the most successful didnt return to make matters worse.

Also, on paper our start is relatively "easy" so it would have been good if we were 100% prepared and ready to go and maybe hit the ground running. Suffer a poor start and all the added pressure on top of that and it could get very ugly way too fast, and be very difficult to turn around. Would have been so good if we could have added good quality early on to keep the momentum and positivity going. The current players would have even greater belief then and we would probably find it easier to show that we belong in this league and can compete. It's become an utter farce. I'm not saying that we will absolutely horrible before the season has even started, but we sure do make it as difficult as possible...

26 (?) days until we play Spurs and we've got one new player since our season ended in the Championship :lol: f***ing pathetic!

You have to count all the returning loan lads as new signings.  :lol:

Sadly the one who was the most successful didnt return to make matters worse.

Who?

Oh yeah, Thauvin.

I think we basically have no money. We spent a fair amount last summer and now have players on contract we cannot shift - those in addition to the ones already here.  We have virtually spent the Sissoko money already this window assuming we get Murphy. 

We might get in 10M-15M or so in Hanley, Darlow and Murphy (and others) but that will be it. That will get us nothing but a Championship player with potential.

Happy to be proved wrong (clearly) but cannot see Mike chucking Rafa and £50M loan in lieu of the TV money at the end of the season.

Depressing is not the word.

Also, on paper our start is relatively "easy" so it would have been good if we were 100% prepared and ready to go and maybe hit the ground running. Suffer a poor start and all the added pressure on top of that and it could get very ugly way too fast, and be very difficult to turn around. Would have been so good if we could have added good quality early on to keep the momentum and positivity going. The current players would have even greater belief then and we would probably find it easier to show that we belong in this league and can compete. It's become an utter farce. I'm not saying that we will absolutely horrible before the season has even started, but we sure do make it as difficult as possible...

I posted this yesterday

No clue, and it is incredibly frustrating. The thing I'm desperately clinging on to is the fact that Rafa is still here, so something must be happening behind the scenes in terms of bringing players in. Surely?

Something has to be happening if Rafa's still the manager?

Becoming a complete piss take. Even worse when a sizeable % of the fan base seem oblivious to it.

Saw these bangers on the official FB page the other day.

To all the idiots who keep saying big name signings your not toon supporter's only glory hunters go support Chelsea or man utd we don't need you and your negativity

What wrong with some of you support the players you got or defect to Chelsea for big money signings

I'm very happy supported them through everything since 1956. Teams are made not bought

Jesus Christ. Some right whiney folk on here - give over and have faith in the club, man. The transfer window only opened like two weeks ago.

Its not as if we are even fighting of loads of club to sign players, we have pretty much been given a free road to sign Lejune, which took like 6 weeks and now Murphy is at Norwich. It would be understandable if we were in for top class players but we literally could of got the deals done in a couple of days.