Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not buying the 'we're skint' thing either. Probably totally wrong/cynical mind but I think there's money available. Would Rafa have stayed if his budget was reliant on shifting a load of deadwood, which obviously isn't easy to do?

Gibbs can't be costing that much, f*** knows why we aren't just moving. This is starting to absolutely take the p*ss now.

That is the one that is actually annoying me, last year of his contract, much better than what we have, we should be tying him up asap.

Kinky

I'm not buying the 'we're skint' thing either. Probably totally wrong/cynical mind but I think there's money available. Would Rafa have stayed if his budget was reliant on shifting a load of deadwood, which obviously isn't easy to do?

It might be more to do with squad places and having too many players around training than the money itself. We do have quite a few players it'll be hard to move on, and we aren't going to pay them to train with the kids.

Curtis Woodhouse is claiming that Clucas will be joining us.

Who's Curtis Woodhouse and is he reliable?

Ex player. Used to play for Birmingham and a few others. I think he had a spell at Hull too and has since done boxing but I can't say i've ever looked at his record for calling transfers unfortunately.

Would be seriously disappointed with Clucas.

Hardly watched him, hull fans appear to rate him though. Whats so bad about him.

:thup:  On the few occasions I saw him last season he looked much better than the Crammy Cabaye. More mobile, better range of passing and generally more aggression.

Hardly watched him, hull fans appear to rate him though. Whats so bad about him.

Been trying to find the article I read about him that analysed his performance from a stats perspective and it basically said the 'hype' about him was completely misguided.  Can't now find said article, but I think we could do better.

If he takes Colback's place then I'm all for it.

Winger isn't he?

Nah

CM? We need one of those

Aye, CM. I'm not convinced he's that good but he's better than Colback and we could do a lot worse I guess

Winger isn't he?

Nah

CM? We need one of those

Aye, CM. I'm not convinced he's that good but he's better than Colback and we could do a lot worse I guess

Aye the benchmark for incomings  is "well he's better than Colback" slightly worrying  :lol:

Winger isn't he?

He's similar to Hayden with a bit of Shelvey in him.

Winger isn't he?

He's similar to Hayden with a bit of Shelvey in him.

I'd take him. He'll improve our CM department, and (hopefully) will get rid of C :anguish: lback

Dunno why we aren't looking at Delph, mind.

I know it's only mid July but I was so excited about this transfer window. Thought we would have some big names coming in and also some others who I had never heard of but had a good reputation.. Fingers crossed things will improve.