Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Craig Hope‏Verifierat konto @CraigHope_DM  2 minför 2 minuter sedan

Mer

NUFC have resurrected interest in Sheyi Ojo but only as a loan deal. Still hoping for progress on Jacob Murphy - it's not one or other.

What concerns me is that in recent years all of our signings have been telegraphed weeks if not months in advance. The only name I can remember signing out of the blue was De Jong, in the window he signed there was really no rumour or anything that he was on our radar. Other than that there is always the usual somewhat credible sources (Caulkin etc.) putting the names out there weeks before they end up signing. And now there's just nothing, nobody even worth making a thread about  :lol:

What concerns me is that in recent years all of our signings have been telegraphed weeks if not months in advance. The only name I can remember signing out of the blue was De Jong, in the window he signed there was really no rumour or anything that he was on our radar. Other than that there is always the usual somewhat credible sources (Caulkin etc.) putting the names out there weeks before they end up signing. And now there's just nothing, nobody even worth making a thread about  :lol:

Just had a look at the Cieran Clark thread. He was first linked by Caulkin on August 1st, signed on August 3rd. Sels, Murphy, Yedlin & Diame also seemed to be signed within a short period of time from being linked.

How the f*** can you justify a £25m price tag for someone who clearly isn't first choice, having played 12 games last season. Bloody mental.

Because he's under contract, they can justify what ever they like.

They can ask, even demand, whatever they like for a contracted player but justify it ?

Guest reefatoon

Looks like Everton are hoping other clubs are going to be fucking idiots on prices just like they have been.

Transfers didn't seem to be a problem last summer.

We weren't signing premiership quality players.

If that's the case we're even deeper in the shit considering they're now some of our key players. :lol:

How the f*** can you justify a £25m price tag for someone who clearly isn't first choice, having played 12 games last season. Bloody mental.

Because he's under contract, they can justify what ever they like.

They can ask, even demand, whatever they like for a contracted player but justify it ?

Of course they can man, all they need to justify it is the fact he's ours and we can sell him for whatever we like.

This is all very naive.

How the fuck can you justify a £25m price tag for someone who clearly isn't first choice, having played 12 games last season. Bloody mental.

We could have probably got him for £15m in January, since then prices have gone up. That's what happens if you sit around trying to be clever buggers.

Guest firetotheworks

Aye, Kyle Walker and James McCarthey for a combined £75m :lol: They're both inflated beyond an already crazy market.

I wonder what the actual selling price would be? We might be looking at £13m which is what Everton paid for him a few years back, they are obviously going to ask for a daft price in response.

If they really don't want to sell we should look for someone else. Except I have a feeling Rafa really wants us to do this deal.

Man this is depressing.

Rafa did say he really wanted to bring in British players, but these prices on them are just foolish.

How can we possibly spend £25 million on McCarthy man. We are so screwed.

I wonder what the actual selling price would be? We might be looking at £13m which is what Everton paid for him a few years back, they are obviously going to ask for a daft price in response.

If they really don't want to sell we should look for someone else. Except I have a feeling Rafa really wants us to do this deal.

Is that you Lee?  ;)

Craig Hope‏Verifierat konto @CraigHope_DM  2 minför 2 minuter sedan

Mer

NUFC have resurrected interest in Sheyi Ojo but only as a loan deal. Still hoping for progress on Jacob Murphy - it's not one or other.

I wonder if we're considering playing one of them through the middle in the number 10. Its the sort of position that a winger could play in.