Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

The current squad with Benitez is probably good enough to survive but not a great deal more.

Looking at an old Football Pink (2005) yesterday, this team was 8th in the table, had beaten West Ham 4-2 away that day and exactly the same eleven had beaten Arsenal at home the week before.

How would it compare with our current best starting eleven even before,hopefully, some quality is added ?

GIVEN RAMAGE ELLIOT BOUMSONG BRAMBLE SOLANO FAYE PARKER AMEOBI SHEARER OWEN.

LUQUE CHOPRA and GATE were among the 5 subs and Souness was the manager.

Granted a couple of them would walk into today's starting eleven but Shearer was way past his best by then and almost all of them would have been ripped apart by someone for something on here.

Yes I know the league was very different back then  :)

If we go into the season without strengthening in key positions we'll get what we deserve. As it stands we're having to hope that players who have struggled in the PL before will now be good enough to get us to around 40 points. I just don't see it. We struggled quite a bit at home last season and our away form was based on keeping out second rate attacks and us taking some of the chances that came our way. We were relegated with better players than we've currently got.

I can't see us getting relegated as we've obviously got a manager who will get far more out of the squad than the previous muppets were capable of, but as it stands, it looks like a season of hard struggle and not much enjoyment. I'm sure the intent is to get more quality signings in, but if we are waiting on players being shipped out we are probably going to miss out on some targets.

If we go into the season without strengthening in key positions we'll get what we deserve. As it stands we're having to hope that players who have struggled in the PL before will now be good enough to get us to around 40 points. I just don't see it. We struggled quite a bit at home last season and our away form was based on keeping out second rate attacks and us taking some of the chances that came our way. We were relegated with better players than we've currently got.

I can't see us getting relegated as we've obviously got a manager who will get far more out of the squad than the previous muppets were capable of, but as it stands, it looks like a season of hard struggle and not much enjoyment. I'm sure the intent is to get more quality signings in, but if we are waiting on players being shipped out we are probably going to miss out on some targets.

If no more players come in I'd imagine the manager will no longer be here

If no more players come in I'd imagine the manager will no longer be here

I suspect we'll land between two stools, Rafa will want 3-4 more players, we'll deliver 1 maybe 2. Then he'll have a choice to make, if we get really key players in he might think he can work with it, if not he'll probably give it up.

Was bored and having a look at skybet, not that it means much if anything but we are currently favourites to sign Clucas (1/3) and Batshuayi (7/2). Would anyone be happy with that?

Was bored and having a look at skybet, not that it means much if anything but we are currently favourites to sign Clucas (1/3) and Batshuayi (7/2). Would anyone be happy with that?

Batshuayi would be immense. Not gonna happen though.

Could see a loan but yeah unlikely

Could see a loan but yeah unlikely

I really rate him. Thinks he's gonna be a hell of a player. Hope so.

Guest neesy111

For what reason?

Eh simply because he's better than anything we have up front

8 league goals in 3 seasons says otherwise.