Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Went into this season with such enthusiasm on recruitment, now with our transfer fecking about, the limited joy has been suck right out of it.

Feel the same, but it would quickly come back if we managed two or three more good signings before the end.

Wonder if people are baulking at Hanley's wages so Mbemba is being sacrificed instead to raise the funds. He was likely 4th choice anyway, Hanley isn't the worst 4th choice centre-back to have. Could see it happening.

Don't know if i agree, Hanley didn't look all that in the championship so i shudder to think what he would be like in the PL.

Wonder if people are baulking at Hanley's wages so Mbemba is being sacrificed instead to raise the funds. He was likely 4th choice anyway, Hanley isn't the worst 4th choice centre-back to have. Could see it happening.

Don't know if i agree, Hanley didn't look all that in the championship so i shudder to think what he would be like in the PL.

Agree with that. Mbemba has a bit of pace so can cope with stepping up to the Premier, I don't think Hanley could.

Tbf bringing players in on big wages and then not playing them much is an issue when trying to sell them

It wouldn't be such an issue if we didn't already have a ton of shit players we can't shift. I don't think Hanley or Lazaar are that big a problem compared to Colback, Saivet, Riviere, Mitro? and maybe De Jong.

Out of that I would only keep De Jong.

For every Lazaar and Hanley we have signed Ritchie, Gayle, Clark and Hayden who I would consider a success. We may end up with 1 or 2 shit players from Murphy, Lejuene, Manquillo and Atsu with Manquillo and Atsu the likely 2 to fail this season imho.

We should probably offload Diame as well.

We need at least 4-5 more players and at least Striker, Centre Mid and Attacking Mid

If we have to sell Mbemba because no one wants Hanley then buying Hanley was a horrendous mistake.

That view would depend a lot on hindsight. We bought a lot of players to get us out of the championship and it worked. Now Rafa is being penalised for it by us having to put off buying Premier class players until we've sold those same players who took us up. It's pretty disgusting stuff if that's how it's playing out.

If we have to sell Mbemba because no one wants Hanley then buying Hanley was a horrendous mistake.

Buying Hanley was a mistake. As was Gamez, as was Lazaar. As was Saivet. Riviere. The list goes on. Only squad buy last season worthy was Murphy,and you can see why hes been purchased fairly quickly.  Some of the players we have stuck with us will be pretty difficult to shift.

Buying Hanley was a mistake. As was Gamez, as was Lazaar. As was Saivet. Riviere. The list goes on. Only squad buy last season worthy was Murphy,and you can see why hes been purchased fairly quickly.  Some of the players we have stuck with us will be pretty difficult to shift.

That's bollocks, Hanley would'be been essential if we'd had one more injury, same with Gamez. Murphy wouldn't have been needed if Gayle had been fit. Saivet, Riviere, yes they are shit players. 

That's bollocks, Hanley would'be been essential if we'd had one more injury, same with Gamez. Murphy wouldn't have been needed if Gayle had been fit. Saivet, Riviere, yes they are shit players. 

:thup:  Like I said in the earlier post, everyone's a genius in hindsight. Rafa bought those players to get us promoted and we got promoted. Now he's being punished for it because we want them gone before buying Premier class players.

Went into this season with such enthusiasm on recruitment, now with our transfer fecking about, the limited joy has been suck right out of it.

Feel the same, but it would quickly come back if we managed two or three more good signings before the end.

Aye, but we've said that before, well it feels like it anyhoo, thinking a star signing might happen. God I hate this club at times.

Think this is reasonable, the only issue I can see is that Hanley was mildly spitting his dummy out last season about not playing whereas there wasn't much from Mbemba in that regard (unless I missed it). Would still rather lose Hanley than Mbemba, but it's not critical either way.

:thup: Mbemba can also play RB (sorta).

If De Jong can stay fit he could arguably be our best player. Granted I'm judging him on his time at Ajax but still. There's a very, very good no.10 in there somewhere. The sort of player we've been missing for years.