Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Hanley was signed and started the first match of the season, Rafa surely saw him as an experienced leader (captain of Blackburn right?) and Clark was signed from Villa having not had a very good season at all (IIRC) the year prior. Clark emerged as the best and most reliable defender in the team and displaced Hanley.

Whatever judgements Rafa has made about Hanley they've been made from training as let's be honest the lad's hardly played for us and when he has he's done little wrong in reality. I'm a Mbemba fan but at least I can say he had a stinker against Wolves (though his teammates didn't help by not showing for the ball TBF) and was dropped possibly rightly. Couldn't understand him not getting back in or Hanley when Lacelles was clearly struggling with injury or the pressure.

Shields Gazzette saying nobody will pay up for Hanley because of his wages and he may stay.  I'm sure I read somewhere not too long ago that he's on 45k p/w.

:kasper:

Sell him and offer to pay half his salary, at least it frees up some space and brings in some monies.

I dont want correa, think be's too fragile for the prem and bis final ball is lacking a lot. Need a back up striker or no10 a lot more tbh...

What  :lol: he'd be by far our best signing of the summer, particularly technically. Highly rated and only 22. And how many no10s are available better than Siem for the money we're willing to pay?

Very strange comment.

What is the thing with this Correa lad. Is he not a starter for Atletico? Not seen him much, but if i have a chance to play regularly for Atletico why the hell would he go to Nufc?

He is young and fairly highly rated. The price would be to high for us either way i guess.

What is the thing with this Correa lad. Is he not a starter for Atletico? Not seen him much, but if i have a chance to play regularly for Atletico why the hell would he go to Nufc?

He is young and fairly highly rated. The price would be to high for us either way i guess.

He's competing with Carrasco, Griezmann, Gaitan, Gameiro, probably Costa in January. He might have to take a step down to move up if he wants regular football and even us on the sort of wages we pay is more than 15-16 La Liga clubs could afford.

He's competing with Carrasco, Griezmann, Gaitan, Gameiro, probably Costa in January. He might have to take a step down to move up if he wants regular football and even us on the sort of wages we pay is more than 15-16 La Liga clubs could afford.

Fair point, lets hope.  :thup:

If he's around £30m then there should be no reason we can't do a similar deal to Merino for next summer with the full season's TV cash.

Buying players on HP :lol:

We'll be getting wonga loans to make the minimum payments on our credit cards next.

Guest firetotheworks

Gayle's never scored more than 5 in the Premier League. Obviously not every case is the same, but it's not the be-all-and-end-all.