Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

There have been so few rumours about our fringe players/returning loanee superstars leaving though. Are they really that unwanted? All of them??.. Or are we just playing the cunt, expecting that people will want to pay reasonable money for players who are clearly unwanted by NUFC, and on the wane?

There have been so few rumours about our fringe players/returning loanee superstars leaving though. Are they really that unwanted? Or are we just playing the cunt, expecting that people will want to pay reasonable money for players who are clearly unwanted and on the wane?

I'd imagine our shit players are on a fairly high salary. The likes of Colback and Riviere are probably being looked at by shit championship or decent league one teams who can't pay them anything near what they're on.

People struggling to grasp that still.

We have 2 strikers though. 2.

Naah. We've got about 5 players who could play up front. It's just that they're mostly shit/young/played deeper most of the time.

There have been so few rumours about our fringe players/returning loanee superstars leaving though. Are they really that unwanted? Or are we just playing the cunt, expecting that people will want to pay reasonable money for players who are clearly unwanted and on the wane?

I'd imagine our shit players are on a fairly high salary. The likes of Colback and Riviere are probably being looked at by shit championship or decent league one teams who can't pay them anything near what they're on.

Yeah I'm not really sure about the high-salary chatter though. I'm of the opinion that we're cheap AF, and thus the high-salary talk doesn't really sit right with me. I suppose it's all relative though. I don't think our players are on high Premier League salaries, but you might be right with regards to potential Ligue 1 returnees.

Naah. We've got about 5 players who could play up front. It's just that they're mostly shit/young/played deeper most of the time.

Having strikers is different to having players who could play upfront.

Unless you're counting Toney and Armstrong?

It's not about that, it's that we have about 5 players that won't be playing that need to be moved. Most clubs go through this all the time, except they actually succeed in moving them on.

We don't need to move players because we lack funds, we need to move them because there's a 25 man squad and we have 30+ players atm.

Ignoring younguns, we've got Gayle/Mitro/Perez/Riviere.

I'm not saying anything about their ability, just the fact that Mike looks at the squad, sees 4 strikers, says if you want another, sell one of these twats. And then we wander out to the market trying to shill our Riviere wares and the whole world :yao: s at us.

Ignoring younguns, we've got Gayle/Mitro/Perez/Riviere.

I'm not saying anything about their ability, just the fact that Mike looks at the squad, sees 4 strikers, says if you want another, sell one of these twats. And then we wander out to the market trying to shill our Riviere wares and the whole world :yao: s at us.

Are we the only club in the history of football with this issue? Assume we're the only ones giving 5.5 year contracts to shit footballers.

There have been so few rumours about our fringe players/returning loanee superstars leaving though. Are they really that unwanted? Or are we just playing the c***, expecting that people will want to pay reasonable money for players who are clearly unwanted and on the wane?

I'd imagine our s*** players are on a fairly high salary. The likes of Colback and Riviere are probably being looked at by s*** championship or decent league one teams who can't pay them anything near what they're on.

Yeah I'm not really sure about the high-salary chatter though. I'm of the opinion that we're cheap AF, and thus the high-salary talk doesn't really sit right with me. I suppose it's all relative though. I don't think our players are on high Premier League salaries, but you might be right with regards to potential Ligue 1 returnees.

Jack Colback will be on PL wages. He's a Championship player and not one that will get you promoted.

Likewise Saivet and Riviere.

Hanley will find a club.

Hanley, Lazaar, Diame, Haidara, Krul, Saivet, Riviere.

That's a lot of s**** that needs shifting.  They may not be on massive salaries but combined they'll be costing us millions a year.

I reckon Rafa would be ok with keeping Diame around for another year in the squad. The rest though aye, need to GTFO sharpish. Problem is not only are their shite but will be kept around doing nothing but picking up wages every week.

It will be a good day when they are all gone.

Hanley, Lazaar, Diame, Haidara, Krul, Saivet, Riviere.

That's a lot of s**** that needs shifting.  They may not be on massive salaries but combined they'll be costing us millions a year.

Opinions aside we ain't looking to shift Diame clearly. Mitro yes though.

We bought a bunch of players that flopped in the relegation season and promotion season that haven't contributed to our promotion. They're just shit.

Then there's Haidara, Colback, Riviere, De Jong, Diame, Krul etc. who I don't think are rated but are hard to move on. Diame will find a buyer, Haidara needs to move for his career. SDJ might be useful. The others - yikes!

Calling all of them shite to shift is not really a fair reflection of the situation. We signed some of those players to get us promoted and we can't expect them just to step aside.

Obviously that doesn't apply to people like Rivière who were never good enough.

Hanley will easily get a championship club, we are just waiting for our price.

I'm not worried about that one, i agree. It's the others i'm concerned about, specifically the foreign lads.

Especially as it's likely to effect Rafa's ability to get others in.

Don't care much about journos saying nothing close atm. How much did they know about the Manquillo and Merino deals before they were almost signed?

Pretty much nothing. Spanish press reported the Manquillo deal the day before his medical but I don't think wind of it caught here until he actually signed.

It's how low do we go? We could get rid tomorrow if we let them go for nothing.

Depends on the player really, as Haidara has already proven by turning down St Etienne. We can't do much about that short of buying him out of his contract which obviously Ashley won't do.