Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I like the look of Lejeune, Murphy and especially Merino. But to expect them to come in and hit the ground running is insane, even by Ashley's standards. We need a keeper and at least one player with proven premiership experience. A midfielder or a striker who's gonna come in and produce the goods from the off. And yeah for that you're talking upwards of £20mil, but if we're don't spend it were in a relegation battle from august.

Can't see all of the new signings being involved from the start. As it stands against Spurs?

Elliot, Manquillo, Lejeune, Clark, Dummett, Ritchie, Shelvey, Hayden, Atsu, Ayoze, Gayle.

Think that's pretty much spot on, Rafa showed his hand with the Wolfsburg game I think and I think Atsu won the battle to line up alongside Ritchie on the wings. I wasn't impressed at all with Elliot and Dummett and would switch them out personally (although there appears to be few options for Dummett), I would also go with a slightly different line up if it were me picking:

Krul, Manquillo, Lejeune, Clark, Gamez, Ritchie, Merino, Shelvey, Hayden, Aarons, Gayle.

Gone for Krul because he's still our best keeper in my mind, failing him I would go Darlow, Woodman then Elliot in that order. Gamez although not a left back is still a better option than dummett I think. Since we are playing one of the better PL sides first up, protecting that back four with a more flat central midfield maybe a good way to go. I've gone for Aarons on the left because he's the one true left winger in the squad and has looked as good as anyone in pre-season.

I'm assuming Gayle will be fit.

I like the look of Lejeune, Murphy and especially Merino. But to expect them to come in and hit the ground running is insane, even by Ashley's standards. We need a keeper and at least one player with proven premiership experience. A midfielder or a striker who's gonna come in and produce the goods from the off. And yeah for that you're talking upwards of £20mil, but if we're don't spend it were in a relegation battle from august.

A striker and GK should be top of the list. Don't think we'll be in much trouble at all if we got both tbh. Our fixture list August-November is fairly generous and is a good opportunity to rack up points early on.

Guest firetotheworks

Imagine watching a band at The Cluny and just turning to your side and Wenger's there in his gigantic coat. :lol:

Imagine watching a band at The Cluny and just turning to your side and Wenger's there in his gigantic coat. :lol:

Ye kna he's only got his speedo's on underneath that thing too. The randy old bastard.

At this point why do people think Ashley will spend to secure Premier League football? Past mistakes have shown he won't spend to secure his investment which leaves two conclusions. Either he doesn't care or refuses to learn from his mistakes. Same outcome regardless really.

He's on record as saying that he'll let us have whatever we generate to spend on the squad. I think from that maybe he'd prefer to take the chance on going down, then just cut our cloth accordingly rather than invest money. It's no loss for him at the end of the day, just means the club will earn a lot less money if we get relegated.

Most of the talk in here seems to revolve around we can't buy before we sell, and based on this, offering financial advice about how we could... blah, blah, blah.

How many seasons have we had now where we've all been waiting until the last minute to sign players? It just never happens. It's not being pessimistic when we have plenty of evidence to back it up.

Nothing's changed, other than we have a world class manager.

Nothing's changed?  You mention the presence  of a world class manager (who has forgotten more than most will ever know about professional football off as well as in the pitch) we can add to this changes in his realm of responsibility and the degree of hands-on involvement (supposedly) from Ashley. So I think there have been some significant positive changes. On the negative side, the transfer market has also changed; the prices quoted (if accurate) seem mental. We might fall at the last hurdle even if we are serious about some 11th hour offers. I'd be just as gutted if we let what looks like a decent run of games at the start of the season go to waste with a wait and see/'there's always January' mentality.

When you include the Gibson and Thauvin deals our net spend is something like £12 million. We need to sign three more players

It's been a mental market, and we do have a massive squad so i have sympathy there, but we need to buy more players. If the issue is simply the risk in spending £14 million on Perez due to his pedigree, then I would be ok with that. We don't need more expensive wastemen in the squad.

It's been slow going, and obviously the budget is lower than anyone thought. But despite that, Rafa has found some players he is happy with. Hopefully that will just continue and we'll end up with another three in the same mold. Assuming we're not going to suddenly decide to splash the cash.

Whatup with all this Lucas Perez, he hasn't done s*** in PL now has he.

We need to get a loan deal for Michy or Remy or whatever.

I think his stats (someone correct me if I'm wrong) for Arsenal were like 7 goals in 9 starts in all comps.

Can't see Conte letting Batshuayi go as Costa's off in January and he'll want competition for Morata. Rafa looks at attitudes when signings players; Remy's is absolute garbage, so you can rule that out.

Attitude wise he's garbage idd, actually well Remy might be the total garbagepack. But seeing as we're gonna run the counter-attack 24/7 I don't really think it would be that bad - depending on the roleplay he will do in the dressing room. Ah well.

Should still go for Michy or Gray or something.

Personally from what I saw I don't really see Perez as the solution, but ah well. Rafa does what Rafa wants :p

Attitude wise he's garbage idd, actually well Remy might be the total garbagepack. But seeing as we're gonna run the counter-attack 24/7 I don't really think it would be that bad - depending on the roleplay he will do in the dressing room. Ah well.

Should still go for Michy or Gray or something.

Personally from what I saw I don't really see Perez as the solution, but ah well. Rafa does what Rafa wants :p

Should have got neymar. Missed opportunity