Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

If we managed to shift away Krul, Hanley and de Jong / saivet, we should be able to bring one more 10m+ player in.  Let's pray.

Not sure if Rafa is prepared to let him leave now that we're 2 defenders down for an uncertain number of weeks/months.

Krull will definitely get snapped up, he's a bloody good keeper who seemingly just needs to find a bit of form and fitness again.

Really hope we get a new GK though, as I can see Darlow going out on loan. Woodman will have to wait it out a little here, unless Darlow wants to do that and be 3rd choice, which is unlikely.

LB Joe Bryan being linked from Bristol City.

Often plays in midfield or as a wingback when I've seen him for Bristol City. Got really nice balance and left foot. I used to be Bristol City on FM a few years ago and he was one of my best players so I've tried to keep an eye out for him in real life, which admittedly isn't too often

Often plays in midfield or as a wingback when I've seen him for Bristol City.

This seems a theme that's developing here.

I can't really understand it tbh, we seem to be happy to play CBs or midfielders at LB, but we don't appear to have actually tried to buy or loan an actual LB.

Really hope we get Kenedy too, I'm guessing there's no fresh news on that?

All I saw was from .com:

A seventh signing is also in the offing, with protracted negotiations to loan Chelsea's Kenedy now close to a resolution - and an offer from a Turkish club rejected.

Often plays in midfield or as a wingback when I've seen him for Bristol City.

This seems a theme that's developing here.

I can't really understand it tbh, we seem to be happy to play CBs or midfielders at LB, but we don't appear to have actually tried to buy or loan an actual LB.

I'm wondering if Rafa wants a wing back to have the ability to switch to 3 at the back comfortably.

Seeing as every fucker seems to be playing it and he'll want the ability to match up, I usually would completely rule this out but every LB we are being linked to are more wingbacks than fullbacks.

I'm pretty sure Bristol City did play 3 at the back when they were in League 1 and possibly the Championship too so he'd be used to the wingback system at a much lower level than the Prem. Not 100% though

Really hope we get Kenedy too, I'm guessing there's no fresh news on that?

All I saw was from .com:

A seventh signing is also in the offing, with protracted negotiations to loan Chelsea's Kenedy now close to a resolution - and an offer from a Turkish club rejected.

London press saying it's been stopped/delayed due to Conte being at war with the board over signings.