Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Think it's fair to say that the goalkeeper and second striker signings are completely dependent on outgoings, can't see us having much room left to manoeuvre after Kenedy. Maybe I'm naive, but I can't believe we haven't shifted anyone for 4 weeks (since Murphy).

Reckon we'll shift a few before window shuts, we are desperate to sell which means while the wages are high we will probably let them go for low prices, so if clubs compute the wages into the overall price should be sellable. If we don't accept making meagre profits though we won't cut that wage bill.

Think it's fair to say that the goalkeeper and second striker signings are completely dependent on outgoings, can't see us having much room left to manoeuvre after Kenedy. Maybe I'm naive, but I can't believe we haven't shifted anyone for 4 weeks (since Murphy).

I wouldn't be surprised if we're not prepared to take a huge hit on our duds unfortunately.

Reckon we'll shift a few before window shuts, we are desperate to sell which means while the wages are high we will probably let them go for low prices, so if clubs compute the wages into the overall price should be sellable. If we don't accept making meagre profits though we won't cut that wage bill.

We have so much shite left in the squad that I think it's worth just taking a loss on some of the players and getting them sold for £2-3m each. Riviere, Krul, Saivet, Colback, Lazaar etc clearly aren't going to feature for us so just get them out and reinvest the £15m received (plus freed wages) on someone who can actually contribute to the first team. Surely there must be teams in France and Holland who are willing and could afford to take these guys for £2-3m.

We have so much shite left in the squad that I think it's worth just taking a loss on some of the players and getting them sold for £2-3m each. Riviere, Krul, Saivet, Colback, Lazaar etc clearly aren't going to feature for us so just get them out and reinvest the £15m received (plus freed wages) on someone who can actually contribute to the first team. Surely there must be teams in France and Holland who are willing and could afford to take these guys for £2-3m.

The players also have to agree to go, and very likely take a big pay cut.

Can't see Perez coming unless we flog Mitro. Thankfully this madness will be over soon:

What an utterly pointless tweet.  Why not 'Newcastle want to sign Messi, nothing imminent'

We have so much s**** left in the squad that I think it's worth just taking a loss on some of the players and getting them sold for £2-3m each. Riviere, Krul, Saivet, Colback, Lazaar etc clearly aren't going to feature for us so just get them out and reinvest the £15m received (plus freed wages) on someone who can actually contribute to the first team. Surely there must be teams in France and Holland who are willing and could afford to take these guys for £2-3m.

That could be offset by the low fee though. I guess football clubs calculate the entire cost of a transfer by transfer fee plus wages. Surely Saivet, Lazaar and Haidara aren't on much more than 20k per week. The article just posted in the Ashley thread shows that we pay low wages compared to other premier league clubs.

Can't see Perez coming unless we flog Mitro. Thankfully this madness will be over soon:

What an utterly pointless tweet.  Why not 'Newcastle want to sign Messi, nothing imminent'

Do we really have to explain this this again? :lol:

We have so much s**** left in the squad that I think it's worth just taking a loss on some of the players and getting them sold for £2-3m each. Riviere, Krul, Saivet, Colback, Lazaar etc clearly aren't going to feature for us so just get them out and reinvest the £15m received (plus freed wages) on someone who can actually contribute to the first team. Surely there must be teams in France and Holland who are willing and could afford to take these guys for £2-3m.

That could be offset by the low fee though. I guess football clubs calculate the entire cost of a transfer by transfer fee plus wages. Surely Saivet, Lazaar and Haidara aren't on much more than 20k per week. The article just posted in the Ashley thread shows that we pay low wages compared to other premier league clubs.

True, but high compared to teams at the bottom of the Championship or Ligue 1, which is where these players would find their level.

Anyway, hopefully we will manage to shift a few.

Do we really have to explain this this again? :lol:

It's a pointless tweet from a pointless article.

I wouldn't be surprised if we're not prepared to take a huge hit on our duds unfortunately.

I reckon this is it. We may have to loan them out and offer a wage contribution, which is better than nothing and frees up wages, but the club would probably rather wait until some Championship clubs get desperate before we cut our losses and take the hit.

I reckon Rafa is not just fed up with incomings but also the club's slowness to shift players. It would be classic Ashley to wait until deadline day and get some decent deals for them, leaving Rafa no time to invest the proceeds.

Rafa has signed quite a lot of South American players for his other clubs hasn't he?  Considering our limited budget i'm surprised we haven't dipped into that market where clubs probably wouldn't be asking for huge fees.  Having watched some Brazilian League the last couple of years i realise there's some absolute shite playing over there but surely there would be a couple of gems we could pick up for cheap?  The likes of Benfica and Porto always seem to do quite well going down this route and (rubs his hands like Mike Ashley) make some massive profits on some players.