Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

I never really took the Perez move seriously anyway since we made it clear that we have no money.

Rafa has signed quite a lot of South American players for his other clubs hasn't he?  Considering our limited budget i'm surprised we haven't dipped into that market where clubs probably wouldn't be asking for huge fees.  Having watched some Brazilian League the last couple of years i realise there's some absolute shite playing over there but surely there would be a couple of gems we could pick up for cheap?  The likes of Benfica and Porto always seem to do quite well going down this route and (rubs his hands like Mike Ashley) make some massive profits on some players.

Brazilians always go to Portugal because they can. Work permits.

Rafa has signed quite a lot of South American players for his other clubs hasn't he?  Considering our limited budget i'm surprised we haven't dipped into that market where clubs probably wouldn't be asking for huge fees.  Having watched some Brazilian League the last couple of years i realise there's some absolute s**** playing over there but surely there would be a couple of gems we could pick up for cheap?  The likes of Benfica and Porto always seem to do quite well going down this route and (rubs his hands like Mike Ashley) make some massive profits on some players.

There are a couple of gems that kick around in the league, but generally the quality wasn't that high. The player (Douglas Luiz) that Man City signed then loaned out has some talent about him. It could be due to work permits for some of the players coming over from South America. Another factor could be the agent fee's that come up due to sometimes people owning the rights to players (kind of like the Tammy Abraham situation).

Rafa has signed quite a lot of South American players for his other clubs hasn't he?  Considering our limited budget i'm surprised we haven't dipped into that market where clubs probably wouldn't be asking for huge fees.  Having watched some Brazilian League the last couple of years i realise there's some absolute s**** playing over there but surely there would be a couple of gems we could pick up for cheap?  The likes of Benfica and Porto always seem to do quite well going down this route and (rubs his hands like Mike Ashley) make some massive profits on some players.

There are a couple of gems that kick around in the league, but generally the quality wasn't that high. The player (Douglas Luiz) that Man City signed then loaned out has some talent about him. It could be due to work permits for some of the players coming over from South America. Another factor could be the agent fee's that come up due to sometimes people owning the rights to players (kind of like the Tammy Abraham situation).

I always think a football club would "make sure" they get a work permit for a player if they really wanted to but i hadn't thought about these dodgy agents owning the player rights, it's bound to put off a lot of clubs never mind us.

harry rednapp was on talksport this morning talking about the problems with making loan deals. he mentioned the huge loan fees but also the fact that clauses were inserted so that penalties would have to be paid every time the player wasnt picked to start. fucking ridiculous.

harry rednapp was on talksport this morning talking about the problems with making loan deals. he mentioned the huge loan fees but also the fact that clauses were inserted so that penalties would have to be paid every time the player wasnt picked to start. fucking ridiculous.

Yeah but he's a crook.

Yeah but he's a crook.

Aye, reckon he's full of shite with that second part

Nah, Man Utd did it to us when we had Rossi on loan.

Wasn't it just that Ferguson was livid about him not playing? Don't think there were any financial penalties reported, if there were it must have cost us a fortune. I can only remember him starting against Pompey in the cup though I'm sure there must have been a couple of other games he did.

Nah, Man Utd did it to us when we had Rossi on loan.

Wasn't it just that Ferguson was livid about him not playing? Don't think there were any financial penalties reported, if there were it must have cost us a fortune. I can only remember him starting against Pompey in the cup though I'm sure there must have been a couple of other games he did.

Yeh we were struggling for goals and they loaned us an extremely promising striker. Glenn Roeder decided to never play him though. Ferguson publicly had a go at Roeder.

Guest firetotheworks

Rossi probably should have got more game time tbf. He looked like a good prospect when he played and hindsight probably vindicated that.

Yeah but he's a crook.

Aye, reckon he's full of shite with that second part

He's definitely not, though it's usually one penalty if a player doesn't start or feature in X games when available.

I think I saw Rossi play for us against Everton. It was the game with the ridiculous offside Shola goal. The one where he got it, stopped to look over to the linesman, and still had time to knock it in without being challenged.

I think many teams are waiting the UEL/UCL playoffs to end before things start to move more. English teams have money but the UCL-money is a huge bonus for European teams and they need a bigger squad for that too. Those that drop out usually ship few players of if possible. Don't know if we are after players from those teams, but maybe we are selling to those. Krul and Saivet for ex.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4277553/newcastle-rafa-benitez-sampdoria-dennis-praet-transfer-news/

Source:

http://www.ilsecoloxix.it/p/sport/2017/08/19/AStkjuxI-atletico_sgarbi_vietto.shtml

The last hour offer for Praet is confirmed, and it should be Newcastle. It is the third for Belgian this summer. And always from abroad. The first of about 14 million euros came from Russia (Zenit or Spartak), the second from Marseille. And now, the Premier. Samp responded by declaring the Belgian "out of market".