Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I'm not necessarily disputing it, but what evidence do we actually have that Remy's 'legs have gone' at 30?  I'd be massively disappointed if he is the best we can do, but he might have something left.

This suggests perhaps not - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/loic-remy/leistungsdaten/spieler/45121/plus/0?saison=2016

In my mind, being injured and your legs going are two different things.  Might have the same end result though..

It was more the fact when he did come back he played barely any minutes and was eventually left out the squad entirely.

Remy!?  Dear god!  ???

He's exactly the type of mercenary that got us relegated twice in the last 10 years.  I hope we stay well away!

He was only here one season, and in that season we finished as high as we did thanks to his goals and Cabaye, and he was injured for a part of it. Best striker we've had alongside Ba in the Ashley era, as grim as that is. If he can replicate what he was like under Pardew then happy days, but I can't see it, which is the reason I'd prefer us going for Jovetic.

I think we're past the stage now of "If it's what Rafa wants, I trust him". Sounds like Rafa is now even in the 'Whatever we can get' mindset. Can't blame him.

He's practically admitted that in the press. "We go from signing what you want to what you can".

Newcastle might be able to stretch to the £15million asking price for the player [Jovetic]' date=' yet his wage packet over three or four years could be more difficult and ultimately prove to be the stumbling block.[/quote']

Remy!?  Dear god!  ???

He's exactly the type of mercenary that got us relegated twice in the last 10 years.  I hope we stay well away!

He was only here one season, and in that season we finished as high as we did thanks to his goals and Cabaye, and he was injured for a part of it. Best striker we've had alongside Ba in the Ashley era, as grim as that is. If he can replicate what he was like under Pardew then happy days, but I can't see it, which is the reason I'd prefer us going for Jovetic.

I think we're past the stage now of "If it's what Rafa wants, I trust him". Sounds like Rafa is now even in the 'Whatever we can get' mindset. Can't blame him.

He's practically admitted that in the press. "We go from signing what you want to what you can".

Aye i remember.  He also made it clear he had no intention of joining us permanently and chose to sit on Chelsea's bench for 3 years instead.  Good player, wank attitude.

Newcastle might be able to stretch to the £15million asking price for the player [Jovetic]' date=' yet his wage packet over three or four years could be more difficult and ultimately prove to be the stumbling block.[/quote']

I wonder what wages we'll be able to afford in three or four years when we get relegated.

Oh for fucks sake.

Incredible how Rafa needs to become sort of fire salesman before he can buy a player that could potentially make or break our season. Sooner we get Ashley out the sooner we can start resembling an actual football club and business once again.

Incredible how Rafa needs to become sort of fire salesman before he can buy a player that could potentially make or break our season. Sooner we get Ashley out the sooner we can start resembling an actual football club and business once again.

The best pound for pound value etc etc