Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest firetotheworks

FWIW I thought Remy was brilliant and preferred him over Ba and Cisse in our modern era. But there are huge question marks over his motivation and whether it's even possible for him to get near who he was when he was last here. It all comes down to whether we'd bother playing him or not, for me.

FWIW I thought Remy was brilliant and preferred him over Ba and Cisse in our modern era. But there are huge question marks over his motivation and whether it's even possible for him to get near who he was when he was last here. It all comes down to whether we'd bother playing him or not, for me.

He's probably the best striker I've seen play for us since going to games, when I started going Shearer was in his last season. :lol:

:okay:

Nee way i'd take Remy.  His legs have gone, he'll be totally unmotivated and won't give a shit and he's half the player he was when he was here.  Bloke's pure mercenary, get someone in who might actually care.

Aye thought he was fantastic for us, but absolutely finished. The fact he's barely played football for three years either at Chelsea or a shocking spell at Palace put paid to his top level career.

Amazed he's not playing in the Middle East by now.

Guest firetotheworks

I can't understand the rationale to play a knackered Remy and let Mitrovic rot on bench.

Really though? I know where you're coming from, but to me it's pretty obvious. Mitrovic just doesn't cut it and we don't have the benefit of being able to let him develop in the first team, we need someone that's ready now. 

I can't understand the rationale to play a knackered Remy and let Mitrovic rot on bench.

Really though? I know where you're coming from, but to me it's pretty obvious. Mitrovic just doesn't cut it and we don't have the benefit of being able to let him develop in the first team, we need someone that's ready now.

In that case, at least sell Mitro now to recoup some cash and get other body in. 

I'm not necessarily disputing it, but what evidence do we actually have that Remy's 'legs have gone' at 30?  I'd be massively disappointed if he is the best we can do, but he might have something left.

I'm not necessarily disputing it, but what evidence do we actually have that Remy's 'legs have gone' at 30?  I'd be massively disappointed if he is the best we can do, but he might have something left.

This suggests perhaps not - https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/loic-remy/leistungsdaten/spieler/45121/plus/0?saison=2016

In my mind, being injured and your legs going are two different things.  Might have the same end result though..

Guest firetotheworks

In that case, at least sell Mitro now to recoup some cash and get other body in. 

That may already be the plan.

He is finished.

I agree - he's barely played for two years so he's not going to be anywhere near match sharp.  He just threw his career away by going to Chelsea - rarely even made the bench.

Plan F initiate. Might as well bring Doumbia back.

No doubt if fit and motivated Remy was a fantastic player for us. This just screams of disaster though, on the upside it's low risk and we aren't lumbered with him after.

This window has been beyond disappointing. Real reality check of the club's standing and where we are at and have been the past 10 years.

Remy did well for Chelsea when he actually made it onto the pitch. It's not that long ago.

It's a bit mad that he went to Palace when they had just splashed out on Benteke, but maybe he had fond memories of Pardew. Cabaye did the same thing. Anyway, Remy got injured straight away and Pardew was gone by the time he was fit.

Given his career choices, I would question his motivation before his legs.