Newcastle United transfer rumours in the press

Kaizero
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

"The club itself is understood to be open to the idea of helping the manager but Benitez still has no idea of the parameters within which he is working."

That's good of them :lol:

6 days into what could be a decisive window and the club announces the staggering news that they are open to helping the manager  :lol:

Incredible scenes, what next? "Mike is just still trying to get logged into his online banking to see what kind of coin we're looking at. He can't remember if it was a number 0 or a letter O he used, ever the innovator is Mike".

The headline says Benitez is only expecting to sign players on loan - when's he ever said that? Who's he said that to?

His people or the club will have briefed the press off the record. It's how it works.

If we only get Kenedy and Ings it's going to be a struggle imo.

That'd be more than I'm expecting.

Same assuming Ashley still owns us on Feb 1. A fit Danny Ings could make a huge difference, but obviously a risk.

The headline says Benitez is only expecting to sign players on loan - when's he ever said that? Who's he said that to?

His people or the club will have briefed the press off the record. It's how it works.

I know how it works. I've worked in newspapers and it'll most certainly not be the club.

That particular piece is utter twaddle. Rob Draper saying, we're "hopeful" of getting Kenedy on loan yet on December 20 had a piece from their own Craig Hope saying it's "secure".

That's just filler copy, nowt more.

That's all well and good and probably correct. I still wouldn't expect quotes.

Rafa has a man working for him to brief the press, has worked for him for years, yet when what he briefs is in the paper you won't see any quotes.

Rafa has a man working for him to brief the press, has worked for him for years, yet when what he briefs is in the paper you won't see any quotes.

Still find it odd he’d brief Rob Draper but not Craig Hope, who works for the same paper, is paid to cover NE football and sits in on every presser. The Mail/Mail on Sunday are the only ones running that line so far as well.

Still find it odd he’d brief Rob Draper but not Craig Hope, who works for the same paper, is paid to cover NE football and sits in on every presser. The Mail/Mail on Sunday are the only ones running that line so far as well.

That's all fine. My point was about your comment about lack of quotes. We see articles about NUFC in the press all the time without quotes that often turn out to be true so it's not exactly a surprise to see articles like this without quotes, bollocks or not.

If we only get Kenedy and Ings it's going to be a struggle imo.

That'd be more than I'm expecting.

Aye. I've assumed we're signing nee cunt. My hope is the others are as shite as us.