Euro 2016 trouble - Russia handed suspended disqualification by UEFA

bowlingcrofty

Background of trouble at Cro - Cze match:

Many people here don't support national team.

Before I even begin, let me say that the culprits have been identified and their pictures together with their names are being circulated via social media. Needless to say, the Croatian nation is furious; 'they want blood'. Amongst the incensed are the players (Perisic said the game was 'bullshit'), the coach (who called the perpetrators 'terrorists'), public figures, and even the Croatian president. Immediately after the match, the media published the pictures of the wrongdoers and asked the public to help with identification.

You should take pride in that.  Not many other nations respond like that. :thup:

Crazy night man. Came from Lisbon to my hometown at 1am and in the next couple hours for some reason I was playing at some table football tournament and got completely drunk.

I sent that message after being disqualified, while drinking a beer and watching Copa America.

Did you get disqualified for throwing chairs at people?

Pretty pointless comment, but met a Russian in Croatia tonight and been on the straight vodkas with him all night. He is ashamed of the hooligans but reckons it was always going to happen as the English think they can rule the city they visit and their hooligans don't stand for that in Russia so took the hatred to France.

Thinks the WC will be fine as the politicians and power within Russia/FIFA will prevent any significant hooligan issues.

At the fanzone in Lens most of our fans were utter bell-ends.

They weren't hooligans or necessarily causing trouble, they just had a repertoire of about 3 songs and then began to use them as the only 3 tunes to try and generate new songs. Any "proper" England songs they didn't seem to know or have even heard of and they were all pally with the Welsh until they scored when a few dozen people through plastic cups / beer and had a go at them. Of course when we scored it went mental and one lass nearly got bundled over / crushed (kinda to be expected) and then some lad passed out and hit the deck knocking himself on conscious. Thankfully, one or two of the lads managed to block off the swathes of people jumping around next to them and protect them. They were just pissed, mindless dickheads in general.

We also saw one pissed lad with his mates, kicking his mates in the shins. He began to do this to a couple of them before trying it on a stranger. Needless to day he tried it on the wrong person and that nearly turned into a 20 man brawl. Utter fucking mongs.

Unfortunately, I think it's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario - some people are just dickheads and are subsequently being reported on, others are being reported on negatively or stereotyped when they're just "normal", so they just live up to it (the stereotype).

There is a lot of good natured stuff going on that isn't being reported on. It's almost like the media have an agenda in my opinion.

At the fanzone in Lens most of our fans were utter bell-ends.

They weren't hooligans or necessarily causing trouble, they just had a repertoire of about 3 songs and then began to use them as the only 3 tunes to try and generate new songs. Any "proper" England songs they didn't seem to know or have even heard of and they were all pally with the Welsh until they scored when a few dozen people through plastic cups / beer and had a go at them. Of course when we scored it went mental and one lass nearly got bundled over / crushed (kinda to be expected) and then some lad passed out and hit the deck knocking himself on conscious. Thankfully, one or two of the lads managed to block off the swathes of people jumping around next to them and protect them. They were just p*ssed, mindless dickheads in general.

We also saw one p*ssed lad with his mates, kicking his mates in the shins. He began to do this to a couple of them before trying it on a stranger. Needless to day he tried it on the wrong person and that nearly turned into a 20 man brawl. Utter f***ing mongs.

Unfortunately, I think it's a bit of a chicken and egg scenario - some people are just dickheads and are subsequently being reported on, others are being reported on negatively or stereotyped when they're just "normal", so they just live up to it (the stereotype).

There is a lot of good natured stuff going on that isn't being reported on. It's almost like the media have an agenda in my opinion.

Well in fairness the good natured stuff wouldn't make much of a story. 'England fans enjoy game in good nature without consequence' won't get many clicks :lol:

I see your point about the good news. However, England staying in the tournament will also sell papers. The more negativity shown by our very own press, then the more it appears in world media and the more it influences the likes of UEFA. Not only that but the more it appears the more it develops a stereotype and then the likes of the Russians want to fight us.

IMO because the hooliganism has been highlighted as much as it has (at the start of the tournament) it has snowballed. More hooligans have become involved because more want to show that they're more fearsome.

We could stop acting like c***s tbf :lol:

Aye :lol: that'd help tbf.

I just feel there should be more balance brought to the table. I know my own colleagues, family and friends have been concerned about my trip to France as were that of my mates, and in reality we faced no concern or threat to our safety.

What a scummy little country we are.

Put the cunt in country tbh. It's time people woke up to the mess. Decades of pulling the wool over your own eyes have caused a lot of damage to a society that used to lead the world by example. It's a fucking toilet these days and it's an embarrassment. I grew up in a British school with British values and it isn't anything like this.

What a scummy little country we are.

Put the c*** in country tbh. It's time people woke up to the mess. Decades of pulling the wool over your own eyes have caused a lot of damage to a society that used to lead the world by example. It's a f***ing toilet these days and it's an embarrassment. I grew up in a British school with British values and it isn't anything like this.

:thup: