Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Not sure why Gallowgate and Leazes flags need to be separate groups? Why not share the money, knowledgebase, contacts and resources round the ground? If GF are struggling for manpower in the Gallowgate there is clearly interest to help at the other end of the ground. No need for further power struggles or ego issues between fan groups

BTW it would look great if we lined up the legends flags along the front of the East Stand when the players do the handshakes

Not sure why Gallowgate and Leazes flags need to be separate groups? Why not share the money, knowledgebase, contacts and resources round the ground? If GF are struggling for manpower in the Gallowgate there is clearly interest to help at the other end of the ground. No need for further power struggles or ego issues between fan groups

BTW it would look great if we lined up the legends flags along the front of the East Stand when the players do the handshakes

I reckon people in the east stand would have a stroke should this happen.

I reckon people in the east stand would have a stroke should this happen.

That area is full of right miserable old cunts like.

Guest Howaythetoon

I can see why you'd need separate groups. You should share knowledge, discounts on materials, contacts and that but how you split the funding could cause problems.

Agreed, plus the more positive fan groups there are the better. A rivalry wouldn't be too bad either if it was all about trying to make each end the loudest etc. As long as it's all in good spirits of course.

I can see why you'd need separate groups. You should share knowledge, discounts on materials, contacts and that but how you split the funding could cause problems.

Agreed, plus the more positive fan groups there are the better. A rivalry wouldn't be too bad either if it was all about trying to make each end the loudest etc. As long as it's all in good spirits of course.

St-Etienne is like that. Both behind the goal stands will try and outdo each other with their tifos and banners/colour, etc. and one stand will chant something to one stand, and the other would sing back. Awesome.

Was just about to say the same about the rivalry thing . It was one of the elements that contributed to the special match day atmosphere of the old SJP . In the days when the Gallowgate had no roof there was "banter" between the different sections of the ground , such as the "scoreboard" , the "paddocks" the "corner" . If the noise used to dip the different sections used to goad each other , thus raising the volume levels again all round the ground. Another element to the match day experience was the buzz and  build up around the town for hours before a match. Saw signs of this on Sunday and the march by the GF folks to the ground was a fantastic effort to reignite the spark around the stadium. Signs are good for the return of " The Fortress SJP ?

St-Etienne is like that. Both behind the goal stands will try and outdo each other with their tifos and banners/colour, etc. and one stand will chant something to one stand, and the other would sing back. Awesome.

Sounds class, wouldn't mind that here like. :thup:

One from a recent derby against Lyon.

"Mirror mirror on the wall, who's the most detested club in France?"

http://lebuzz.eurosport.fr/wp-content/uploads/sites/3/2017/02/2017-02-05-21_08_18-Le-12eme-homme-sur-Twitter-_-_Le-Derby-est-lance-@ASSEofficiel-%E2%9A%A1%EF%B8%[email protected]

I see. I don't know why but I always thought OM and OL was the rivalry, but in hindsight I think it's just because of the name similarity and that they're both big clubs. Poor geographical knowledge tbh, I thought Marseille was in the north until a few weeks ago and always thought Toulouse/Montpellier were the only southern clubs and therefore must have the biggest rivalry...  :lol:

Just wait til Leazes Flags get up and running if you remember its the place Geordies were born....

I really hope they do. To have the atmosphere back at St James would be an incredible thing.

My first game was in 2002 when I was 10, Newcastle 2-0 Fulham. I was sat in the Milburn stand, 'bout half way up just before it bends into the leazes. The atmosphere was immense, even in the less action packed points in the game the crowd was buzzin. Some bloke behind me kept pulling my wooly hat over my face and laughing with my Granda. The crowd were alive and enjoying it. By the time I was 13/14 I was starting to go to games more regularly and it just got duller and duller as time went on, with obviously the occasional high point but it was always depending on the match, dramatic finishes, high scoring games etc.

I'm hopeful Gallowgate Flags and fingers crossed Leazes Flags too can go some way to restoring the aliveness and electricity St James' used to house.