Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

True Faith have been pathetic as fuck for years now so that self indulgent article doesn't surprise me one bit. They absolutely hated the fact that Sack Pardew was independent and wouldn't let them in. If they had of then TF would have exposed it all as soon as it got media attention.

I'll try to be as diplomatic as possible here because TF is not all about one person, others contribute to it and are smashing lads. This all started because MM put the call out after the Spurs game to try to recreate that atmosphere every game. We arranged to meet at the strawberry , I'd never seen any of the others including the TF lads in my life apart from heron who stands not far from me in the corner. The rest is history until this week, I can't lie and say it's been a smooth operation with quite a few very heated arguments about daft things usually started from one source! There was only 2 active lads from the fanzine within our group the rest is made up of roughly 10-15 of 'us', just a bunch of lads who want to make flags and displays. It has been a bit difficult in the fact that the main group wanted to be completely independent of anyone, just us doing flags . I for one have been asked on numerous occasions to do interviews and stuff but have refused as I can't see the point .

The TF surfer has been a bit of a problem within the group as was the reaction from one source about the proposed flag for Tiote, it was hard reading negative stuff about GF when 99% of us thought the whole thing was absolutely ridiculous, I'm a wimp but Mr Heron let his views known to a certain person in very flowery language, I'll leave it at that !!

I'm not quite sure why exactly but the other TF lad didn't want us to carry on with the name, the rest of the group always (well mostly) got on with this lad so out of respect to him we've agreed , a bit baffling but hey ho. Since WH was started we've just sort of grown into each other , no meetings as such just a bunch of lads and lasses who got on with each other and the result was the Rafa display. As for the name, we haven't 100%decided but it's looking like WH, just like everything some like it, some don't, I don't care, it's a name ! It's what we do that's important.

Personally I'm happy with the disconnect from TF as now I feel totally independent, no shackles!!

I can guarantee there's no egos at all and no attention seeking any more and if any of you want to help out please do so.

Ridiculously petty. Not that the name matters however, I don't like the WH name; United Flags, St James' Flags, Newcastle Flags, Geordie Flags all feel a bit better or go a bit left field with Strawberry Flags, Not Gallowgate Flags or Barrack Road Flags.

Oh, and tell the buggers who took their ball back to grow up.

I'll try to be as diplomatic as possible here because TF is not all about one person, others contribute to it and are smashing lads. This all started because MM put the call out after the Spurs game to try to recreate that atmosphere every game. We arranged to meet at the strawberry , I'd never seen any of the others including the TF lads in my life apart from heron who stands not far from me in the corner. The rest is history until this week, I can't lie and say it's been a smooth operation with quite a few very heated arguments about daft things usually started from one source! There was only 2 active lads from the fanzine within our group the rest is made up of roughly 10-15 of 'us', just a bunch of lads who want to make flags and displays. It has been a bit difficult in the fact that the main group wanted to be completely independent of anyone, just us doing flags . I for one have been asked on numerous occasions to do interviews and stuff but have refused as I can't see the point .

The TF surfer has been a bit of a problem within the group as was the reaction from one source about the proposed flag for Tiote, it was hard reading negative stuff about GF when 99% of us thought the whole thing was absolutely ridiculous, I'm a wimp but Mr Heron let his views known to a certain person in very flowery language, I'll leave it at that !!

I'm not quite sure why exactly but the other TF lad didn't want us to carry on with the name, the rest of the group always (well mostly) got on with this lad so out of respect to him we've agreed , a bit baffling but hey ho. Since WH was started we've just sort of grown into each other , no meetings as such just a bunch of lads and lasses who got on with each other and the result was the Rafa display. As for the name, we haven't 100%decided but it's looking like WH, just like everything some like it, some don't, I don't care, it's a name ! It's what we do that's important.

Personally I'm happy with the disconnect from TF as now I feel totally independent, no shackles!!

I can guarantee there's no egos at all and no attention seeking any more and if any of you want to help out please do so.

Do everything you can to change the name. It really is fucking terrible and will only hold you back eventually if things continue to grow.

Again, cheers for the inside story wor jackie. Yourefforts and that of the other lads has been fantastic and it's definitely improved the match day experience. I hope it all continues to grow.

Thanks for all the first person info Wor Jackie (and Heron). I agree with others that the WH name doesn't work, from time to time the name surfaces in the media and anyone over a hundred miles away will have no clue what it means nor have a hope of pronouncing it. I would suggest a more generic name like St James' Flags, if nothing else it allows you to spread around the ground the way a desert blooms after a storm. :)

Guest Howaythetoon

It's a really shitty name like, may as well call it wor hoose as no one ever says wor hyem in the same context.

Guest Howaythetoon

How can someone claim GF is theirs and theirs only? Tell them to go fuck themselves and continue to use it. That Mick Martin bloke is a prick and I'd happily call him that to his face if I ever stood next to the cretin. Would t have a clue what the nobody looks like mind.

That True Faith article :lol: How can one person be so self obsessed and dramatic.

Having to change the name looks amateur and ridiculous, it’s a pathetic situation built up by one person as a backpatting exercise. I thought the situation around the Tiote flag was embarrassing, this is just as bad.

Don’t change the name, tell them to fuck off and continue as you are. I’d donate on that basis alone.

Guest firetotheworks

I still can't get over Wor Hyem, like. The criticism is limited to just the name because what they're doing is great, but it's basically the Geordie lexicon jumping the shark. [emoji38]