Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

That video of the fans walking down to the ground is class :thup: Love that photo of Rafa's face as well :aww:

Hope Gallowgate Flags keep up the good work, been a brilliant addition to the stadium.

Imagine moaning about not being able to see the players coming out. [emoji38] [emoji38]

We had a feeling the club might not be best pleased about the message like, but did they not check what it said?

They had ample opportunity to mate. The banner was painted on the Gallowgate walkway.

Was hilarious this fella complaining  (there was a few). I was trying to humour him and in the end we shook hands but he was kicking off about his nephew not being able to see the players warm up a few weeks back and he had paid his money so he had the right. I agreed he had the right and the right to an opinion at that. However, I said do you not see that the atmosphere has been crap for years and what we're doing is improving it. Just as he went on to get more abusive a wife shouted over and I thought "ah here we go". She said "excuse me lad, what you're doing is f***ing fantastic" and then around a dozen people joined in. So I sarcastically stepped back and sort of gestured like "well there it is".

Was a bit more to it than that but as with my experience with AO it was the "haters" being overly abusive and then complaining when they got a reaction.

I'll be brutally honest here and I apologise if I upset people...but I'm f***ing sick of people who go and complain about the likes of myself or like minded fans. They don't understand what level of passion, desire and work goes into this s*** and they don't understand that we aren't trained diplomats. The abuse and s*** we take at times we just have to put up with and we accept that to a degree but sometimes we do snap. But it's sheer ignorance that we are occasionally faced with that f***s me right off. That's not to day we care any more than others' either mind. This is just our way of showing it which is my point.

You can slate people for a lot of things but showing a love and desire for where their from and working towards being part of "the team" is not one of them. If you wanna see the intricacies of the game uninterrupted and it slowed down and several times then f*** off and watch it on sky.

The match going fan goes to support their team and goes to enjoy the atmosphere in addition to the watching the game itself. Without people prompting an atmosphere you may as well sit at home.

Through my involvement with several groups and people on this forum I understand and appreciate it takes all sorts. But I'm sick of fuckwits telling my comrades (for love of a better term) that their passion is too much. It's people like these t***s killing the game.

I sit in the gallowgate and my view of the players warming up was completely spoilt yesterday. Instead I was treated to the best atmosphere all season and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Admittedly I was sceptical over the idea of GF, on the sole grounds I thought it was abit cheesy and we should 'create our own atmosphere'. I was so wrong. Absolutely class effort by all involved.    :clap:

Went to Northern Terrace and did the walk down to the ground yesterday, cracking atmosphere in the pub - like being at the pub before an away game. It was surreal walking through the park with tonnes of families standing open mouthed taking videos. The banner looked mint, and a cracking game and atmosphere to top it off.

Not a fan of the drum in the stadium tho, I've always been pleased we've stayed clear of drums/clappers/etc.. but I guess each to their own. Just a small note, but need to keep an eye on empty cans n smoke bombs getting discarded in the bushes/pond, there'll only end up being complaints and don't want the negative press for a positive movement 👍

Imagine moaning about not being able to see the players coming out. [emoji38] [emoji38]

We had a feeling the club might not be best pleased about the message like, but did they not check what it said?

They had ample opportunity to mate. The banner was painted on the Gallowgate walkway.

Was hilarious this fella complaining  (there was a few). I was trying to humour him and in the end we shook hands but he was kicking off about his nephew not being able to see the players warm up a few weeks back and he had paid his money so he had the right. I agreed he had the right and the right to an opinion at that. However, I said do you not see that the atmosphere has been crap for years and what we're doing is improving it. Just as he went on to get more abusive a wife shouted over and I thought "ah here we go". She said "excuse me lad, what you're doing is f***ing fantastic" and then around a dozen people joined in. So I sarcastically stepped back and sort of gestured like "well there it is".

Was a bit more to it than that but as with my experience with AO it was the "haters" being overly abusive and then complaining when they got a reaction.

I'll be brutally honest here and I apologise if I upset people...but I'm f***ing sick of people who go and complain about the likes of myself or like minded fans. They don't understand what level of passion, desire and work goes into this s*** and they don't understand that we aren't trained diplomats. The abuse and s*** we take at times we just have to put up with and we accept that to a degree but sometimes we do snap. But it's sheer ignorance that we are occasionally faced with that f***s me right off. That's not to day we care any more than others' either mind. This is just our way of showing it which is my point.

You can slate people for a lot of things but showing a love and desire for where their from and working towards being part of "the team" is not one of them. If you wanna see the intricacies of the game uninterrupted and it slowed down and several times then f*** off and watch it on sky.

The match going fan goes to support their team and goes to enjoy the atmosphere in addition to the watching the game itself. Without people prompting an atmosphere you may as well sit at home.

Through my involvement with several groups and people on this forum I understand and appreciate it takes all sorts. But I'm sick of fuckwits telling my comrades (for love of a better term) that their passion is too much. It's people like these t***s killing the game.

I sit in the gallowgate and my view of the players warming up was completely spoilt yesterday. Instead I was treated to the best atmosphere all season and thoroughly enjoyed myself!

Admittedly I was sceptical over the idea of GF, on the sole grounds I thought it was abit cheesy and we should 'create our own atmosphere'. I was so wrong. Absolutely class effort by all involved.    :clap:

Thing is mate it is us generating our own atmosphere. It's completely fan run and funded with no help from the club other than providing a place to store the flags. :thup:

I must be in the minority that thought the drum was quite good. It wasn’t a typical drum that you get at places like Wigan, but was a more ‘stylish drum’ that got whacked in time with the songs already created, rather than doing it to create songs.

Plus whoever had it was clearly a decent drummer, which helps.

Anyone moaning about this needs to give their heads a good shake. Fantastic effort from all involved kept up the very good work! I actually get excited about going to the match now.

Have to admit I thought any atmosphere in SJP was gone for good. Fantastic what this has achieved, just shows that people are willing to sing and support the team but they need someone to take a lead on it. Fantastic stuff really, can’t get enough of it.

Have to admit I thought any atmosphere in SJP was gone for good. Fantastic what this has achieved, just shows that people are willing to sing and support the team but they need someone to take a lead on it. Fantastic stuff really, can’t get enough of it.

:thup: I think (almost) everyone in the ground has bought into the whole Rafalution thing can see that we're massive underdogs in almost every game we play, and SJP is quality for the atmosphere when our backs are against the wall like yesterday.

Atmosphere this season is as good as I can remember since the 92/93 season. Even our first season in the PL in 93/94 wasn't as good as it is now. Massive credit to Gallowgate flags and Wor Hyem because they've totally transformed the Gallowgate which in turn seems to have given the whole ground a new lease of life.

Quite a few times on Sunday all 4 stands were up singing and even under Keegan (1st time) that didn't happen all that often.

Good to hear both managers mention the atmosphere as well.

Guest Howaythetoon

The atmosphere at SJP has always been at its best when its spontaneous, but that is often the result of a fight back, a sending off or a big game which can not be replicated every home game so what Gallowgate Flags and others are doing to help create an atmosphere for every home game is nothing short of sensational and the club deserves praise too. A united crowd backing the manager and players constantly helps the team immeasurably. Its a cliche I know, but the crowd can be an extra man. Long may it continue. Now imagine if we had a great team...

:thup: I think (almost) everyone in the ground has bought into the whole Rafalution thing can see that we're massive underdogs in almost every game we play, and SJP is quality for the atmosphere when our backs are against the wall like yesterday.

That's my take on it.  Despite Ashley still being here and not investing properly for the umpteenth time.  The large majority of the fans are happy with Rafa and what he is doing.  The positivity around the place makes for a refreshing change.

Gallowgate Flags seems to have massively helped, as well.  The atmosphere they create is spreading around the ground, judging by the way it sounded on TV. 

Finally, I think that maybe we had a reality check with yet another relegation.  We're not all as deluded as the media like to make out, after all.  Perhaps some fans are just enjoying being back at the top level and actually competing reasonably well, so they're enjoying match days, again.  You look at sunderland and how it could have gone.  Had Rafa not stayed and we appointed someone like Nigel 'Ostrich' Pearson, then we'd still be down there, IMO.

Guest Howaythetoon

If Gallowgate flags inspire other sections of the crowd which seems to be the case regarding the Leazes End, then that's even better. Imagine the Leazes End with flags and banners...

What I love about GF is their continuation of themes and different banners such as the Rafa one at the weekend. I'd like to see some for current players, however, like one with Lascelles with a quote on from him saying how their are no egos and we are a young team etc. because as much as I love the whole Rafa love in, its as much about the current players as anything.

I'd happily contribute to any flags or banners btw.

Anyway keep up the great work all those involved.

Since it's inception, the GF movement has been a slow burner in terms of inspiring the return of the SJP atmosphere,  but , along with the efforts of the Wor Hyem , their dogged persistence is showing real signs of working . The atmosphere during the Liverpool game would have struggled due to Liverpool's dominance of possession and the fallout from the disappointing Brighton performance.  Full credit to the GF movement for sticking with this !