Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

1 hour ago, pedro111 said:

It has always puzzled me as to why we seem incapable of incorporating any kind of intricate song into our songbook the way the likes of Man U and Liverpool do.

Liverpool have a singer/songwriter bloke that starts most of theirs, I think? Then sings them at fan events, matchdays, pubs etc. So they catch on a lot easier. 

Man U just have a massive following and their away support is decent. So would perhaps explain it a bit. 

But I do agree. We sing every song like it’s set at the wrong RPM on the turntable and usually just steal other club’s chants and change the lyrics. Which TBF, I’d imagine happens with most teams. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

1 hour ago, Geogaddi said:

The stand up if you love the toon is by far the worst chant and pointless , everyone their loves the toon so why do you have to stand up to prove it .

It was funny when it first came our as there'd be a minute space then "pogo if you love the toon" there was also moonwalk, shoes off amongst others.

Used to love

N and an e and wubble c , a and an s and a t, l,e 

u n i and a , t e d 

Newcastle United fc 

also simple 

yaaaaaaaaniiiiiittttteeeedd

clap clap 

also 

hoooowwwwaaaaay the lads howay the lads , howay the lads , howay 

Geordie’s , geordies , Geordie’s , etc 

drink , drink we ever we maybe , we are the drunk and disorderly 

also when the police used to walk out with 5 minute to go (around the pitch)

du du du , du du du , duddle la du , duddle la du 

2 hours ago, pedro111 said:

It has always puzzled me as to why we seem incapable of incorporating any kind of intricate song into our songbook the way the likes of Man U and Liverpool do.

This simply isn't true.

What about The Blaydon Races? Ok, people insist on singing it at twice it's proper speed, but it's the greatest club anthem of them all.

Does anyone sing Magpie Ranger or Bertie Mee said to Joe Harvey anymore? We are guilty of letting good old songs go - Man U in particular do a decent job of keeping the old stuff alive.

6 minutes ago, bigfella said:

This simply isn't true.

What about The Blaydon Races? Ok, people insist on singing it at twice it's proper speed, but it's the greatest club anthem of them all.

Does anyone sing Magpie Ranger or Bertie Mee said to Joe Harvey anymore? We are guilty of letting good old songs go - Man U in particular do a decent job of keeping the old stuff alive.

It's easier to keep the old stuff going when it's associated with success. I doubt a few choruses of fat cockney bastard will give most of us a warm nostalgia.

20 minutes ago, bigfella said:

This simply isn't true.

Twice the usual speed and with the wrong lyrics. 

Geordies of NUFC is my personal favourite. But doesn’t get sung that often. 

Seems like Bruno in the middle is the new WE’LL SUPPORT YOU EVER MORE, this season. We seem to get bogged down on the same few chants at games or for months on end. 

Certainly some away ends have been enjoyable this year. Fulham had some of the older chants for players getting some air time. 

On 27/12/2022 at 21:35, broony said:

The website is fucked on iOS / safari. No way to add to basket. Wish they would add PayPal as a payment method. I don’t want to put card details into some flaky shopping cart software. 

Would happily donate regularly if the site felt less sketchy and insecure. 

Have provided feedback 

On 28/12/2022 at 00:22, madras said:

Another one agreeing here. Even the standard " Newcastle Newcastle Newcastle" is quite rare now.

On a side note am I the only one to not like the "we love newcastle" chant ?. I'm sure it used to be "we love you Newcastle" just seems like there's a missing syllable the way it is now.

Yep, it should be "We love you Newcastle, we do" instead it's like "we love New Castle we do"

The latter kinda makes more sense as if it's talking about it as a whole rather than just the team but I agree, it doesn't sound right.

Edited by Heron

On 28/12/2022 at 00:24, huss9 said:

i'll take owt over "your support is fucking shit".

for some reason i've always hated that one.

It's a canny stupid one but get why it's sung. Singing "your support is fucking shit" to people in the stadium who have actually turned up and/or travelled miles to do so is a bit weird :lol: gets under people's skin though

15 hours ago, bigfella said:

This simply isn't true.

I still sing some of the latter like and know some lads in the corner do. I think there's this attitude of "why are we singing for these people they don't play anymore" despite it being part of our history. Weird. For me we should sing anything and everything that's Newcastle.

Edited by Heron

1 hour ago, Heron said:

Have provided feedback 

Thanks. Appreciate all the hard work you all do. 

Just went back in and although the layout is still janky on IOS I was able to set up a monthly donation using Apple Pay so all good. 

Edited by broony

1 hour ago, Heron said:

I still sing some of the latter like and know some lads in the corner do. I think there's this attitude of "why are we singing foe these people they don't play anymore" despite it being part of our history. Weird. For me we should sing anything and everything that's Newcastle.

Some love it and some hate it. I got some weird looks for singing about Terry Hibbitt in the away end at Fulham. Bear in mind we were singing the Andy Cole, David Kelly, Rob Lee song for 5 minutes non stop. 

FYI my first game was 2001 so it’s not like I ever saw him play, but any song to do with the club is great imo. So have to agree with Heron as per usual. 

1 hour ago, broony said:

Thanks. Appreciate all the hard work you all do. 

Just went back in and although the layout is still janky on IOS I was able to set up a monthly donation using Apple Pay so all good. 

Sound! Thanks for your contribution(s)!

On 27/12/2022 at 19:24, huss9 said:

i'll take owt over "your support is fucking shit".

for some reason i've always hated that one.

That was started when we played Man Utd at the Millenium Stadium. They were battering us yet we were making all the noise whereas they were just stood there. 35,000 NUFC fans started belting it out. Should have been a one off moment but then other clubs started copying us and it's carried on ever since.

Agree it's shite now.

3 hours ago, TheGuv said:

Some love it and some hate it. I got some weird looks for singing about Terry Hibbitt in the away end at Fulham. Bear in mind we were singing the Andy Cole, David Kelly, Rob Lee song for 5 minutes non stop. 

FYI my first game was 2001 so it’s not like I ever saw him play, but any song to do with the club is great imo. So have to agree with Heron as per usual. 

The Terry Hibbit song is a belter.

6 hours ago, RodneyCisse said:

@Heron what’s the crack with having to move Eddie Howes black and white army?

It kept blowing up and obstructing views and was also a risk to put weights in it, etc. For the same reason. Had it taped down but I think the perception at this point was that it would blow up do someone yanked it back up. The new location won't have such issues, despite it not being as well placed.

7 hours ago, Wallsendmag said:

That was started when we played Man Utd at the Millenium Stadium. They were battering us yet we were making all the noise whereas they were just stood there. 35,000 NUFC fans started belting it out. Should have been a one off moment but then other clubs started copying us and it's carried on ever since.

Agree it's shite now.

yeah i was there that day .

and i admit its about the only time its slightly acceptable.

when youre getting battered by a massive team but still nowt from their lot.

but singing it on a cold week night to fans who have travelled miles to see their team, especially the smaller ones who have no chance of winning is ridiculous.