Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

12 minutes ago, pedro111 said:

Literally the only thing missing now is a wall of noise for 90 minutes. If we can get a huge singing section then SJP will be up there with the best in Europe. 

Kick the codgers out the gallowgate get the safe standing in and it will be class if enough like minded people get together there

7 hours ago, Heron said:

I believe so. Let this be a turning point. Wor Flags don't make the displays they enhance it.

For me, personally, tonight was one of our largest 'sucesses'

Was good seeing you before the game. Guessing you had started early 🍻🙂

Bit of feedback for the lads. Thought the surfer got dispersed too early. Keep it up so players can see it walking out the tunnel.

Loved the promoting of the scarfs. I gave my testimonial ticket away so was never there for Shearer game which I obviously regret whenever I see the footage 🙂 Made a great spectacle.

7 hours ago, Heron said:

I believe so. Let this be a turning point. Wor Flags don't make the displays they enhance it.

For me, personally, tonight was one of our largest 'sucesses'

100%. Hopefully people realise Wor Flags isn't there to create the atmosphere. It would be great if fans started bringing scarves to every game.

Quite liked seeing large sections holding the scarves aloft as well (as twirling does get tiring after a while [emoji38]

Watching on tv it was quite jarring going from the flags, scarves and the blaring music to kick off all sat down and so much quieter. Have said before think the PA system should stop or ease off a couple of minutes pre kick off for a big chant to build instead. 

7 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

100%. Hopefully people realise Wor Flags isn't there to create the atmosphere. It would be great if fans started bringing scarves to every game.

Quite liked seeing large sections holding the scarves aloft as well (as twirling does get tiring after a while [emoji38]

Aye, my arm was knacking and the players still hadn't entered the field. [emoji38]

Yeah, the challenge is having the pre-match stuff without the big anti-climax when the game starts. 

Maybe we can think of some specific thing that starts at the first whistle, or builds up over the minute before and after.

Scarves should be permanent, it was class. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Watching on TV I too noticed the drop off in noise from pre match to kick off, as the players were in position waiting for the referee to blow his whistle it felt like we had begun a minutes silence haha, it would be good if the noise carried into the match (nothing to do with Wor Flags btw, top work as always you guys)

Brilliant again, looked absolutely class. Loved seeing the old surfer.

Definitely agree that we need a singing section. It should have the effect of getting people right next to it to sing a bit more as well. I'm convinced that half the reason the nights it's so loud you can't hear your own voice happen is exactly because people can’t hear their own voices.

Edited by Kid Icarus

We need to start, as the players come out rather than whilst they're in the tunnel. Obviously I don't know the ins and outs of this from wor flags side of things and not sure if they're told they have to start at a specific time, so I'm certainly not having a go here.

feel like I'm always shitting on the PA bloke :lol: but he was rubbish again last night.

started the scarf waving too early.

poor timings and crap choice of music pre and post match.

a half-time poem ffs.

announcing the score before each scorer.

it's criticism, but coming from a good place, we're so close to having something really really special. just don't think he ever helps our cause.

Just now, Big River said:

feel like I'm always shitting on the PA bloke :lol: but he was rubbish again last night.

a half-time poem ffs.

it's criticism, but coming from a good place, we're so close to having something really really special. just don't think he ever helps our cause.

Just enjoy the game mate.

1 minute ago, Big River said:

a half-time poem ffs.

:) and there was me thinking that Barry in the Box and the Flashing Blade himself were the worst

3 minutes ago, Big River said:

a half-time poem ffs.

Still trying to work out what he was playing at full time and what he was thinking by playing it. It was like something you'd hear down the Phoenix Club. 

The tannoy guy is terrible. ‘Enjoy the game’ FFS? Not something motivational, not howay the lads, nothing like that. 

The timing of the scarf thing was totally wrong, albeit the fans managed to carry on long enough. 

Does anyone know what the poem is for? Second game in a row he’s read it out. 

Generally just odd and needs the bin. 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

Just saw the Twitter clip from the club account, maybe it’s just me but I hate it when the announcer says ‘wave your flags, wave your scarves’ it’s just makes it seem manufactured if that’s the right word. To counter my own opinion I don’t know if there is any other way to inform the crowd but I would have thought it would happen naturally as kick off approaches anyway. 

5 minutes ago, Tsunami said:

I got the feeling it was linked to tv audiences. He was encouraging fans to twirl way before the players were due out.

Have to say just about everyone brought a scarf. Impressive effort.

Whilst I wouldn’t say it was “about everyone” that brought a scarf, it was certainly more than enough to make it visually impactful, and a lot more than I was expecting.

Think we may have reached the point where Wor Flags reach is hitting mainstream support rather than just social media/online.