Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Still, always will, get emotional at the scarf segments at Shearer's testimonial so naturally condone the display tonight.

Jon Champion's comment that night is appropriate "thats just fantastic"

And the homage to the 93/94 banner. Many a happy day missing the teams coming out under that in the East Stand.

Edited by Jonas

3 minutes ago, Jonas said:

Still, always will, get emotional at the scarf segments at Shearer's testimonial so naturally condone the display tonight.

Jon Champion's comment that night is appropriate "thats just fantastic"

And the homage to the 93/94 banner. Many a happy day missing the teams coming out under that in the East Stand.

Good to see Keith Barrett, who the original flag belonged to, comment on it on Facebook tonight.

6 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

Good to see Keith Barrett, who the original flag belonged to, comment on it on Facebook tonight.

Used to love going with Toon Travel to away games.  Wasn't Keith banned from games for a bit?  I heard he'd stopped going entirely after that

1 hour ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Used to love going with Toon Travel to away games.  Wasn't Keith banned from games for a bit?  I heard he'd stopped going entirely after that

He started going back when Ashley left, although not straight away. Took a few months into the new ownership. Looks like he was there tonight and in the East Stand near where he used to sit going off the photo he took of the flag.

We travelled regular with Toon Travel from 1994. No doubt I'll know your face!

3 minutes ago, Heron said:

I believe so. Let this be a turning point. Wor Flags don't make the displays they enhance it.

For me, personally, tonight was one of our largest 'sucesses'

It was epic tonight. Obviously the players need to perform on the pitch first and foremost but clearly they were given a huge lift and helping hand when they came out to that sort of reception and little wonder they came flying out the blocks. Hope Sky done it justice (they probably didn't) because it was an incredible sight.

40 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

He started going back when Ashley left, although not straight away. Took a few months into the new ownership. Looks like he was there tonight and in the East Stand near where he used to sit going off the photo he took of the flag.

We travelled regular with Toon Travel from 1994. No doubt I'll know your face!

Glad to hear he's going again!  And yep, no doubt we sat on one of those away coaches together at some point and 'enjoying' Mungo Jerry being played on the tape deck over and over while being nice and tipsy ... :) 

10 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Glad to hear he's going again!  And yep, no doubt we sat on one of those away coaches together at some point and 'enjoying' Mungo Jerry being played on the tape deck over and over while being nice and tipsy ... :) 

Haha still remember his "Mungo Mags" flag! Somebody stole my wife, Lady Rose. Classics that would be playing non stop!

He even got him to perform for us at The Trafford Park hotel before the Spurs Semi Final. What a day!

1 minute ago, Wallsendmag said:

Haha still remember his "Mungo Mags" flag! Somebody stole my wife, Lady Rose. Classics that would be playing non stop!

He even got him to perform for us at The Trafford Park hotel before the Spurs Semi Final. What a day!

Haha 'Somebody Stole My Wife' is stuck in my brain forever.  I remember it being on pulling into Blackburn - the whole bus jumping and shouting YEEEHA after every repeat of the chorus.  The locals must have thought we were losing it

2 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

Haha 'Somebody Stole My Wife' is stuck in my brain forever.  I remember it being on pulling into Blackburn - the whole bus jumping and shouting YEEEHA after every repeat of the chorus.  The locals must have thought we were losing it

He even wrote a song for us. "You've got to be in the Toon Army to be in the Champions League" when we qualified for the CL.

4 minutes ago, Wallsendmag said:

He even wrote a song for us. "You've got to be in the Toon Army to be in the Champions League" when we qualified for the CL.

I'll admit I can't remember that one -  but I'm sure I remember an (unofficial) Cup Final one.  Toon Army Stomp or something?

edit: had a search; isn't youtube good?  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ne0Vj3x07Ic

Edited by TheBrownBottle