Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

Thoughts? I think I’m all for this.  Though I find the style in which they’ve done this to be a bit cringe. Ski masks and the style In which they’ve done this corteo seems very “fake”. One if the great things about WF is they have done similar things to what they done in Europe but it is very much about staying true to themselves.

2 hours ago, Rafalove said:

Thoughts? I think I’m all for this.  Though I find the style in which they’ve done this to be a bit cringe. Ski masks and the style In which they’ve done this corteo seems very “fake”. One if the great things about WF is they have done similar things to what they done in Europe but it is very much about staying true to themselves.

All for fans making an atmosphere and a difference but this all looks very rent-a-mob hipster shite to me.

Their flags have faces in masks etc in that video and they all have like their formulative year rather than the clubs as if they're of the real importance and not the club.

Like to see atmospheres and fans getting behind their team but this doesn't feel quite right in this instance.

32 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

Unpopular opinion but I’m really not a fan of Hey Jude before and after the game. 

Yeah we’ve always sung it for a long time but not sure it warrants a pre and post match sing a long. The after match celebrations have become predictable and the PA just drowns out the crowd.

Times have changed but a big gripe of mine is that we barely sing the Blaydon Races or any version of Howay The Lads anymore. In my opinion there was nothing more powerful when getting behind the lads as a slowly sang Howay The Lads. 

We always moan about the songbook and generic shite, but we actually have some simple old classics that would greatly improve the vocal support offered.

7 minutes ago, Heron said:

All for fans making an atmosphere and a difference but this all looks very rent-a-mob hipster shite to me.

Their flags have faces in masks etc in that video and they all have like their formulative year rather than the clubs as if they're of the real importance and not the club.

Like to see atmospheres and fans getting behind their team but this doesn't feel quite right in this instance.

The irony with WF is that at times I feel that without them the atmosphere is stale. It’a almost meant that without the flags (or smaller scale demos), the atmosphere from the majority of the crowd is replicated. The flags shouldn’t be there to coerce an atmosphere - only to enhance it. 

The Arsenal Ultras, are giving it a good go, and credit to them. I agree it doesn’t sit right, and I can’t put my finger on it. But I’ve seen a few Arsenal videos now, and if they don’t go for it the rest of the Clock End don’t go for it either. It’s actually quite a tough balance imo. 

Just now, Whitley mag said:

Yeah we’ve always sung it for a long time but not sure it warrants a pre and post match sing a long. The after match celebrations have become predictable and the PA just drowns out the crowd.

Times have changed but a big gripe of mine is that we barely sing the Blaydon Races or any version of Howay The Lads anymore. In my opinion there was nothing more powerful when getting behind the lads as a slowly sang Howay The Lads. 

We always moan about the songbook and generic shite, but we actually have some simple old classics that would greatly improve the vocal support offered.

Totally agree

The website is fucked on iOS / safari. No way to add to basket. Wish they would add PayPal as a payment method. I don’t want to put card details into some flaky shopping cart software. 

Would happily donate regularly if the site felt less sketchy and insecure. 

1 hour ago, Whitley mag said:

Absolutely agree.

3 hours ago, Whitley mag said:

Another one agreeing here. Even the standard " Newcastle Newcastle Newcastle" is quite rare now.

On a side note am I the only one to not like the "we love newcastle" chant ?. I'm sure it used to be "we love you Newcastle" just seems like there's a missing syllable the way it is now.

9 minutes ago, madras said:

Another one agreeing here. Even the standard " Newcastle Newcastle Newcastle" is quite rare now.

On a side note am I the only one to not like the "we love newcastle" chant ?. I'm sure it used to be "we love you Newcastle" just seems like there's a missing syllable the way it is now.

Aye you’re right, it always was. 

Makes me cringe how Blaydon Races is universally sang wrong. Mental considering it’s our most unique song. 

Whilst on the subject of Blaydon Races, I’ll say it for the millionth time, the club need to get rid of the current version of it. 

1 minute ago, Geogaddi said:

The stand up if you love the toon is by far the worst chant and pointless , everyone their loves the toon so why do you have to stand up to prove it .

Tbh I dont love the toon as much as people who stand.