Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

7 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Thanks for that. Read his quotes towards the bottom of the article. Main thing I got from it is that he's thick and only thinks words other people have spoken.

Got mixed feelings about it. I'd need to be bitter towards a hell of a lot of people, not least everyone who kept attending matches in the past 10 years, if I held onto it. From what I hear, Shola genuinely does other good things in his less public life that balance it out at least.

On 04/01/2023 at 17:03, SUPERTOON said:

I can't believe we have not done this scarf thing since Shearer's testimonial. Yes,we've had no reason to and we've had some godawful time since then but can't believe we have not done it even once? Not even during the Rafa years?

Anyways, proper looking forward to it. It's going to be seen on Sky too.

Edited by nufcjb

11 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

I can't believe we have not done this scarf thing since Shearer's testimonial. Yes,we've had no reason to and we've had some godawful time since then but can't believe we have not done it even once? Not even during the Rafa years?

Have to remember that at the Testimonial everyone was given a free scarf. Hopefully it’ll still be really good visually on Tuesday, but you never really going to match the scenes of that night unless you dish out freebies again.

27 minutes ago, SteV said:

Have to remember that at the Testimonial everyone was given a free scarf. Hopefully it’ll still be really good visually on Tuesday, but you never really going to match the scenes of that night unless you dish out freebies again.

True. I even read on the replies to that post people asking where to buy the scarf on matchday so there'll be people who'll want to take part but might nor have a scarf.

48 minutes ago, nufcjb said:

They have definitely tried it once or twice before but no response.

Personally love the idea and I have bought a scarf from Amazon last night.

My little one already has one , My dad too !

Social media only captures a tiny percentage of the fan base so hard to get the message across unless (as someone mentioned) they hand out freebies on the day

Just now, Groundhog63 said:

I'm old enough to remember the trend for having scarves tied around ya wrists. 

Hard af Foggy in the 70s stylee

EwQ5PlSWYAELXZz.jpg

I've put a scarf on the wrist quite a few times during the season, it's actually quite comfortable [emoji38] It gets too hot wearing a scarf in the summer sometimes...

Not sure I could wear a butcher's coat mind. Happy for that not to come back [emoji38]

Just now, TheGuv said:

I've put a scarf on the wrist quite a few times during the season, it's actually quite comfortable [emoji38] It gets too hot wearing a scarf in the summer sometimes...

Not sure I could wear a butcher's coat mind. Happy for that not to come back [emoji38]

You're a Toon fan. It should be too fucking warm for a scarf in winter as well. Or a top 😂😂😂

2 hours ago, jack j said:

Sure they have tried telling people to bring scarves before like. Just not many people did. Probably be similar again for this

Most likely. Unfortunately.

3 minutes ago, TheGuv said:

To bring a scarf in January? Nah like

How many own an NUFC one though and bring it to every match? Plenty but I doubt it'll be enough to make this one impressive... Hence the bloke above ordering one off Amazon this week.