Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

16 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Actually hope they refuse it again it should be something the fans do for the club. The club should help them with storage though and bring those lads from Leazes flags back too.

Don't think club giving the supporters cash to make banners is bad like.

13 minutes ago, Slim said:

Don't think club giving the supporters cash to make banners is bad like.

Isn't it more about maintaining editorial independence, though?

If the club start contributing to the cost, there may (rightly or wrongly) be murmurings about whether they have any say in the content of the flags.

4 hours ago, geordie_b said:

Welcome back  :love:

Anyone know if they are actively looking for donations for something special to mark the occasion?

Yes. We are :lol:

Trying to catch up with the 700 messages in that group as we speak. 

4 hours ago, ToonTastic said:

Think they refused to allow that last time, see if it's the same again.

I think we believe in it not having club involvement generally. Because the club is ours (the fans) . 

Edited by Heron

While I agree with the sentiment, I'm not sure potentially antagonising the new owners at the very first game is the best footing to start off on. We can certainly work with them but it would be a gradual process, you don't change things overnight (unless they're now embracing such efforts).

3 minutes ago, Armchair Pundit said:

While I agree with the sentiment, I'm not sure potentially antagonising the new owners at the very first game is the best footing to start off on. We can certainly work with them but it would be a gradual process, you don't change things overnight (unless they're now embracing such efforts).

I think it would be an incredibly powerful statement. There's never going to be a 'right time'.

I'd entirely respect and understand WF if they decided against it though.

Guest reefatoon

Just have Newcastle flags flying high, black and white all over. Keep the politics out of it altogether. Let’s just go to the match and enjoy football.

Just now, reefatoon said:

Just have Newcastle flags flying high, black and white all over. Keep the politics out of it altogether. Let’s just go to the match and enjoy football.

Fans should have a political voice.  There is absolutely room for politics in sport.