Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

1 minute ago, manorpark said:

Wow, I must be T H I C K.

I just cannot "grasp" that at all.

I'm sure decency will prevail.

306623575_8061489450589353_7155702687641105309_n.jpg

I was just saying in the other thread, this seems overkill to me.

A minutes silence would be fine. Being asked to serenade Charles and then clap at 70 minutes? No thanks. Let folk mourn on Monday if that's what they want to do.

Just now, The Prophet said:

A minutes silence would be fine. Being asked to serenade Charles and then clap at 70 minutes? No thanks. Let folk mourn on Monday if that's what they want to do.

Seems about the right level to me.

2 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

People don’t have to clap or sing the anthem though, it’s your own choice at the game.

Just now, manorpark said:

Seems about the right level to me.

There will be people in the ground with very different opinions on the matter. A minutes silence to show respect is fine, but asking folk to serenade an institution they may not want to seems quite political.

Just now, geordie_b said:

You would hope but always a few knackers who do it and then other join in out of an uncomfortable embarassment

This'll be the first one since SBR's where someone could get lamped for being a tit.

1 minute ago, The Prophet said:

There will be people in the ground with very different opinions on the matter. A minutes silence to show respect is fine, but asking folk to serenade an institution they may not want to seems quite political.

The national anthem is a hymn. It's imploring your "god" to safeguard the welfare of your, sole, monarch. 

If you don't actually have a god it's an irrelevant chant. 

The monarch bit is another matter. 

2 hours ago, Rich said:

:thup:

They genuinely can't win here, because if they don't do anything then it'd probably piss people on the other side of the aisle off. There'll be plenty in SJP tomorrow who are gutted she's dead and happy we're (the club) putting on a tribute.

Try putting yourselves in WF's shoes. They'll have agonised over getting the balance right, I'm sure, but it's no easy task.

They can win by letting the club do their tribute which more than enough to appease people and not get involved.

Like I said in my earlier post if something so simple is agonised over then usually that’s a sign to do nothing and leave to others.