Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

There’s been an arrogance from our fans regarding this fixture since the PSG game. Think many probably showed up just expecting us to win and the atmosphere reflected it. 

The shit ballot system also won’t be helping matters as it encourages chancers and day trippers to get tickets for only the big games. The sooner that system is scrapped the better. 

7 minutes ago, Jaqen said:

Aye it was really poor tonight. Felt like the majority just turned up expecting us to hammer Dortmund. 

Think this was it. Things were decent at the start and then many seemed to realise they're actually canny good as they got the better of the early exchanges [emoji38]

What’s embarrassing is all of the hype after the PSG game, which by all accounts was immense. Then all of the media are frothing at the mouth in excitement at the prospect of our next home game. Then when it comes along, with no doubt some tuning in/going to see what the fuss is about, they’re presented with that damp squib, pardon the pun. 

The players deserved more during a difficult moment, after everything they’ve given us the past 2 years.

2 minutes ago, timnufc22 said:

What’s embarrassing is all of the hype after the PSG game, which by all accounts was immense. Then all of the media are frothing at the mouth in excitement at the prospect of our next home game. Then when it comes along, with no doubt some tuning in/going to see what the fuss is about, they’re presented with that damp squib, pardon the pun. 

The players deserved more during a difficult moment, after everything they’ve given us the past 2 years.

This.

22 minutes ago, Heron said:

It was embarrassingly bad.

I'll say how I personally feel: let down.

If it was as bad as people are saying then I'm not surprised. Christ knows how many cumulative hours went into that display, but for everyone else not to try and match the effort...

Weird one. PSG, and the first home game back, was obviously never gonna be topped or even matched I guess. 

Just now, TheGuv said:

Lord knows how many hours WF put into that as well. Not good.

I appreciate how this comes across and please believe me when I say it isn't for adulation, but including the time travelling to the ground I personally spent approximately 30 hours on this display.

Now consider 100 folk attended to assist on Sunday. FoC.

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

I appreciate how this comes across and please believe me when I say it isn't for adulation, but including the time travelling to the ground I personally spent approximately 30 hours on this display.

Now consider 100 folk attended to assist on Sunday. FoC.

if it helps at all mate, my 10 year old daughter said to me while proudly holding her white card, ive never seen the place look so good dad, and the grin on her face tells me she meant it.

Agree the atmosphere was really poor tonight. Good in spells, but it fell very flat after Isak’s injury.

Also… the display was fantastic… however I would argue that it possibly hindered the atmosphere at the start of the game to a degree… simply because people couldn’t clap. The entire stadium was holding something up in the air with two hands which made for quite a weird muted response as the players came out.

That isn’t a criticism… more an observation that perhaps it might be better to stick to partial displays in future 🤷‍♂️

Just now, Shadow Puppets said:

Agree the atmosphere was really poor tonight. Good in spells, but it fell very flat after Isak’s injury.

Also… the display was fantastic… however I would argue that it possibly hindered the atmosphere at the start of the game to a degree… simply because people couldn’t clap. The entire stadium was holding something up in the air with two hands which made for quite a weird muted response as the players came out.

That isn’t a criticism… more an observation that perhaps it might be better to stick to partial displays in future 🤷‍♂️

The ideal time for a song to get going then

Unfortunately 90% of SJP are mute cunts

6 minutes ago, RobS said:

if it helps at all mate, my 10 year old daughter said to me while proudly holding her white card, ive never seen the place look so good dad, and the grin on her face tells me she meant it.

<3

2 minutes ago, Shadow Puppets said:

Appreciate what you're saying but in my opinion that's a complete excuse for fans' failure.

Just now, Heron said:

Appreciate what you're saying but in my opinion that's a complete excuse for fans' failure.

The atmosphere was just weird all round. Really muted walking up to the ground pre kick off. The deafening champions league adverts and god awful pre match music killed the ability to get the songs going prior to the display.

And then when the display came, as beautiful as it was (and honestly I appreciate you guys and your efforts massively), I do feel like it may have had a weird effect on the lack of ability to really make a cauldron of noise when they came out.

After that though, it was entirely on the fans. There were some good moments, but for far too many long periods it was near silent.

2 minutes ago, Heron said:

Agreed, you still have a voice and can shout and sing. When the crowd gets buzzed up it lifts the players, they could have really done with it tonight.