Wor Flags: visit worflags.org.uk/donate to support future displays

wor jackie

2 hours ago, Adam said:

Not sure where to put this, but considering how mich Wor Flags and Heron are a key part of this, seems the best place. 

Grab a cuppa and enjoy, casual 25 minutes twitter video from Waxxa. 

https://twitter.com/WaxxaNCL/status/1665260849521623041?t=AJF192aco_JViNR-JaHckg&s=19

That was absolutely mint. Found myself getting a tad emotional at times watching it, but that could just be due to the slight hangover I'm experiencing. 

• 2 weeks later...

My "We are Newcastle" surfer mini just arrived today, and the quality is superb! Nice thick material and the names are easy to read. Unfortunately, they don't line up with https://worflags.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/WAN-Surfer-Find-Your-Name.pdf or the individual images so I've not been able to locate our names on the actual flag! I checked a few start of sections, and they are off. For example, under the inner point of the star under the A of Newcastle there is "Bullock" on the PDF/graphic but the flag says "White".

Is there an updated PDF?

1 hour ago, BonesJones said:

Cheers for the heads up.

Frustrating to be honest, it would have been better to be direct messaged rather than for it to be plastered over social media for folk to speculate what they wish and stir up needless shite. (I don't mean you with this post btw.)

We have nowt to hide. Some flags have been stored in that container until such a point that we can get in and sor through all the mouldy, ripped, burger and pie covered flags that people don't look after all season. The way this is portrayed (to me) is to suggest some wrong doing on our behalf.

Or maybe I'm just being defensive.

Not sure people fully understand the behind the scenes work...

Aside from that they may as well have put a sig. Up saying "flags to knick from here"...

Edited by Heron

1 minute ago, Heron said:

Cheers for the heads up.

Frustrating to be honest, it would have been better to be direct messaged rather than for it to be plastered over social media for folk to speculate what they wish and stir up needless shite. (I don't mean you with this post btw.)

We have nowt to hide. Some flags have been stored in that container until such a point that we can get in and sor through all the mouldy, ripped, burger and pie covered flags that people don't look after all season. The way this is portrayed (to me) is to suggest some wrong doing on our behalf.

Or maybe I'm just being defensive.

Not sure people fully understand the behind the scenes work...

When I initially saw it I thought it was stuff people had pinched.

No criticism from me, other than it looks a bit of a mess lol.

On 14/06/2023 at 21:54, Teslact said:

My "We are Newcastle" surfer mini just arrived today, and the quality is superb! Nice thick material and the names are easy to read. Unfortunately, they don't line up with https://worflags.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2023/04/WAN-Surfer-Find-Your-Name.pdf or the individual images so I've not been able to locate our names on the actual flag! I checked a few start of sections, and they are off. For example, under the inner point of the star under the A of Newcastle there is "Bullock" on the PDF/graphic but the flag says "White".

Is there an updated PDF?

Found them. The PDF shows them in the black section to the left of the bottom left point of the star. On the flag they are around the same line but moved about 6" to the right to straddle both the black and white section of the bottom left point of the star. Don't know how I couldn't find them before :)

• 1 month later...